𝐘𝟏 ✩‧₊˚ 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐋

Iris is shown eating at the Slytherin table much later, along with Hermione. Actually, Iris didn't seem to be eating a lot.

James shot a glare at future Regulus again.

Hermione, Daphne and Mattheo convinced her into eating, but exchanged glances, realizing something was up.

Iris turned as she heard a high-pitched voice behind her. "Potter, I challenge you to a duel, at midnight."

Iris gaped at him, not knowing what to say, when Regulus appeared beside Ron. 

"She's not going." 

Iris narrowed her eyes.

"I asked Potter, not you, Black."

"Well, I said she's not going." Regulus said, towering over the Gryffindor, as Iris pushed him away.

"I'll come Weasley. Where and when?"

The Slytherins gaped at her, and Ron said, "Trophy Room. 11.30."

She nodded and then went back to her food. "What the hell?" Regulus asked, and she shrugged. "I didn't realize I couldn't make my own decisions."

"You are, but this isn't-"

"Regulus go away."  Hermione snapped, seeing her friend's mood worsen.

"No." He snapped back. "Iris, please, don't go."

"I do what I want, Black. And don't worry. If something goes wrong, I'll go to Mattheo or Draco. I definitely won't come to you."

Regulus gaped at her and then huffed, storming off.

"YEAHH!" Sirius cheered her on. "GO ELEVEN-YEAR OLD IRIS."

"You're my father." Regulus said, narrowing his eyes, and sirius waved him away.

Iris smiled at her dogfather.

Daphne narrowed her eyes. "What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That."

"That? What that?"

"What happened between you?"

Iris filled them in, and by the end, Mattheo and the others were just as confused as her, but Daphne and Hermione were angry. 

"You want me to uh.. talk.. to him?" Hermione asked, glaring eyes fixed on Regulus' back.

"No. It's ok." Iris said quietly. 

She remembered last night when she met the Hufflepuff with insomnia on the Astronomy tower. She had fun. The Hufflepuff was an amazing person, and they charmed her within a night. They told her what was probably going on in Regulus' mind, and that he was just scared to lose her.

She knew the Hufflepuff was right, and she sighed. Regulus may have been concerned, but he hurt her, and she was going to act angry for all it was worth, even though she had already forgiven him.

Future Regulus gaped at her as she hid her face. "That is not fair." He whined, and she laughed. "It sooo was."

That night, Ron Weasley ran into Filch, along with Seamus and Dean, losing a hundred and fifty points for Gryffindor. 

Iris had run late because Regulus had distracted her in the common room, starting yet another argument, and then Ronald hadn't shown up.

She went to bed exhausted, angry and confused. Why had Ron sent Filch and then been there at the same time? Why did Regulus want to fight with her all the time? Their first big fight, and it seemed to be all they did every time they saw each other. Fight.

She slowly drifted into an uneasy sleep, and got up in the middle of the night, parched. She got up, walking around, unable to sleep. She decided to go explore the castle. She wasn't stupid enough to go around without anyone knowing what she was doing. 

She quickly wrote a letter to Regulus, but then cut his name and added Daphne's, placing it on her bedside table, and tiptoed out of her room.

"YOU WENT OUT ALONE?" Lily yelled in sync with James. "THAT IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE!" She screeched, as James yelled, "THAT IS SO COOL!"

Iris giggled at the Glare Lily gave James.

She got lost, and it was really dark. She stepped back, bumping into a door. Thinking it was the way out, she opened it, only to come face-to-face with the most terrifying thing she could see. A giant three headed dog growled at her, and she screamed, running away, shooting a "COLLOPORTUS" wildly at the door over her shoulder.

She ran till she reached the Slytherin common room, into the first year girls' and into her room.

She slammed the door, panting, and sighed, walking, but someone grabbed her waist, and placed a hand over her mouth before she could yell. She thrashed around, trying to get free.

She bit the hand, and the hand over her mouth retreated, and she was slammed into the wall behind her, the hand on her waist moving up to cover her mouth.

The person threw the hood of their robe back and Iris gasped.

"You..." She breathed. "How did you get in here?"

She heard the person sigh, and the person stepped back. "Hermione let me in."