Chapter 15

Y/n was on her way to the mall while talking on the phone with Mitsuya. She was extremely excited about the new game that was being launched that day. When she was about to enter the mall, she saw a familiar figure being beaten by a huge guy.

︎▪︎▪

"Takashi, what was the name of your vice captain again?"

"Hakkai? Why so suddenly-?"

"I'm seeing him right now. A orangutan looking dude is beating him up."

"Where are you?"

"On the entrance of XGX mall."

"I'm going"

"Calm down, I can help him. Don't worry and stay with your sisters. Takao is nearby too, so relax. I'm hanging up."

"Wa-"

▪︎▪︎▪︎

She hung up and went to Hakkai.

"Oi, Hakkai, my dude." She loudly called him. Both guys turned their heads towards her. Hakkai's eyes widened while the other just glared at her.

"W-what a-are y-you do-doing he-here?" Even though he's slowly getting used to her presence due to her new role in Toman as well as being Mitsuya's close friend, he still has trouble talking to her.

"You know this girl? / You know this orangutan looking dude?" Y/n and the huge guy asked at the same time. Hakkai had to hold his laugh at the nickname Y/n gave his brother.

"What did you call me, uh?" Taiju approached her with a dark aura around him. Hakkai was about to butt in when the girl gave him a signal to stay where he was.

"Why were you beating Hakkai?" Her tone was stern and her eyes were looking challenging at his eyes. He was getting mad not only at her behaviour but also that she ignored his question.

"He's my little brother."

"And? Does that give you the right to beat him up? Just because you are his older brother?" She ironically chuckled.

"Listen here brat, it family business, don't interfere and fuck off." He was about to lose it.

"Don't wanna." She dodged him and went to Hakkai's side. "Let's leave, I'll help you treat your wounds." She smiled at him. That was the last trigger to make Taiju explode. He was about to punch the girl but the impact never came. Instead, he had a weight on his back.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? GET THE FUCK OFF YOU LITTLE SHIT!!" Taiju was trying to shake off the girl on his back. But Y/n didn't yield, she was on his back choking him with a neck lock. It was the fastest and safest way to get rid of him and save Hakkai at the moment.

"O...a ...e..." The blue haired boy couldn't gather words at the sight of his brother losing consciousness and falling face to the ground. He was amazed at the velocity and strength such a small girl had.

"Let's go, I'll take you to Takashi. But first, I came all the way here to buy something. So come with me." Y/n said dragging Hakkai by his jacket since she knew he was extremely shy with girls and thought touching his skin would make the boy faint. And she wasn't wrong. After buying her new game, they went to her bike.

"Uh...ummm..." Hakkai muttered anxiously.

"Yeah?" The girl turned around and looked at him waiting for him to speak.

"T-thank y-you" He whispered blushing to a point it was concerning.

"Oi, are you okay?" She asked when she saw his face, neck and ears completely red. "Fuck, I can't even touch you to check if you have fever cause you will faint. Your wounds need to be treated quickly too." She was walking in circles frustrated at the fact that the poor guy could be badly injured and she could even touch him without making him faint in the process.

"Y-Y/n-san?"

'Maybe it would be better if he was unconscious so that I could take him to a hospital in a matter of minutes.' She thought.

"Y/n-san?"

'But I'll have to call Takao since driving my bike with someone taller than me being unconscious at my back could cause an accident and he would get even bigger injuries.'

"Y/n-san..."

'Well, if that's the only way there's no-'

"Y/N-SAN!" Her thoughts were interrupted by Hakkai's shout. He was closer than before and was staring straight at her eyes for the first time since they met.

"I'm sorry. I got lost in my thoughts. What happened?" She apologized.

"I-it's f-fine." He paused for a moment and heavily sighed and gathered all his guts before speaking again. "I'm sorry for shouting at you. Also I'm really thankful for your help and your concern." Y/n was listening carefully since he seemed to be trying his best. "I'm not badly injured so you don't need to worry about it. Still, thank you." Y/n could swear she saw a small grin.

"I feel like crying. Oh my god. I'll show off to Takashi until the day I die that Hakkai smiled at me." She said wiping non-existent tears. Her words made the boy blush once again. "Now that we are friends, let me take you to Takashi's house." She turned around and kept walking towards her bike.

"Friends..." Hakkai whispered to himself with a small smile before following the girl.