Chapter 1 - A Crash of Chance

Rick Anderson sneezed as he walked through the marked district of the Last City. He would receive waves from the people he protected. He was a Guardian of the light, and a user of Stasis. What was different about him was he was not just a normal Hunter.

Over the course of his life, he had broken past the boundaries of the Light. He had destroyed the barriers that separated Hunters from Warlocks and Titans.

If anything, he was all three. He was just a Guardian.

He smiled underneath his helmet as children ran around him, before their attention was taken by something else. He laughed, before continuing his walk towards the Tower.

"You know, you could just do it on your own." His Ghost, Eliana said through their telepathic link.

"I would, but Cayde was Banshee's friend. It would be an insult to have his gun repaired by someone other than him." Rick responded, as he stepped into the elevator heading up to the tower. He pulled out the Hand Cannon from it's modified holster.

The Ace of Spades. It belonged to Rick's father, brother, and best friend, Cayde-6. It wasn't a replica like most other Guardians had. This was the original one. The one that Cayde used on his last day living.

'Take care of the Ace of Spades, will ya?'

Rick smiled as spun the weapon in his hand, before walking out of the elevator which arrived at the main Courtyard of the Tower.

He walked over to the Gunsmith's booth, and placed the Ace of Spades gently on the table.

"Hey, Banshee. How've you been?"

The Exo named Banshee looked up from his current project, and smiled in a way only Exo's could.

"Rick, how have you been? It's been a while."

Rick laughed. "It certainly has my friend."

Banshee looked down at Ace. "Standard procedure?" Rick replied with a nod. "Alright, it'll be done soon."

"Thanks, Banshee!" Rick said, before tossing a hefty bag of Glimmer on the table and quickly walking away before the Exo could refuse. He laughed when he heard the Exo groan before getting to work.

Rick took in his surroundings and let his helmet dematerialize. He took a breath of fresh air and smiled.

New and old Guardians walked around the tower area. New one's being taught some tricks by the veterans. Rick remembered when he was a new Guardian. Two weeks right before the red war. He was lucky he was rather smart and crafty for just being revived two weeks before going lightless.

The loud booming voice of Lord Shaxx pulled him from his thoughts. He then noticed The Titan Vanguard waving him over. Rick waved back, and walked towards him.

"Zavala, how can I be of assistance?" Rick asked.

"First off, I'm glad you are here. Last we heard of you, you entered a restricted zone without backup. We would have feared the worst if not for your prowess."

Rick chuckled. "Well, what can I say? I'm tough to kill. Either way, you didn't call me over for a chat. So what's up?"

Zavala nodded "Right to business. A few days ago, our scouts reported a sign of Taken beyond Pluto. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, however, the Taken are not usually pushed out of our solar system. I need you to scout out the area and report back what you find."

"Easy enough. Anything else?"

Zavala gained a troublesome look on his face. "There is one...strange thing." He paused. "From what I've learned from Ikora, her hidden have found senses of warped space, and then an unknown planet not too far out of our system. Coincidentally, that's where the Taken are seemingly heading towards."