Chapter 8 - What becomes of us

One week later...

The quiet was never something Rick enjoyed. He didn't mind it, but it had been way too quiet. Sure, there had been daily patrols, and at one point, an entire fire fight between the Knights, himself, and the Taken.

The gods, however, had been working on their own thing. Rick had instructed them to travel around different regions, telling the world of the threat approaching them. From what he had heard, previsions were being put in place across the globe.

He sighed from his position on the cliff. He had been sitting down on the edge of a cliff, overlooking the ocean. Music from pre-golden age was playing through his helmet.

I've been headed to the bottom of the barrel for a while now, I think I need to slow down.

For some reason, every time he heard this song, it made him feel like crying, even though it was a heavy song. What was the genre called again?

"It's called "metal" music." Eliana answered through their mental link.

Rick laughed. "It's definitely appropriate for how it sounds." He looked up at the sky, it was already sunset. He could see the stars starting to appear. "Think about it, Eliana."

"Think about what?"

Rick grinned underneath his helmet. "How many worlds could exist out there? How many different realities have yet to be discovered."

"What brought this up?"

"Just looking at the stars," Rick sighed. "I don't know why, but... It made me think about the endless possibilities."

Eliana hummed, before going silent again. The song was once again in focus, as it reached it's ending.

I don't know when I became somebody, somebody I don't recognize. I swear to God I never saw this coming. I never thought I'd leave it all behind.

Rick suddenly frowned. Those lyrics hit way too close to home. He shook the thoughts away before hearing someone call his name.

"Rick!"

He turned around to see Amber running up to him. He let his helmet dissipate and stood up from his spot.

"Hey, Amber. What's up?"

"Just giving you the daily report. Thankfully no Taken incursions happened today."

Rick whistled. "Wow, really? That's a first," He beckoned her to follow, as he began on his way back to the city of Mondstadt.

After a bit of silence, Amber asked a question.

"So... anything planned tonight?"

Rick raised an eyebrow. "Not really, I was just thinking about taking a ride around the nation, maybe drive into Liyue."

Amber huffed. "Man... wish I could get one of those.

Rick chuckled. "Trust me... If I could give you a sparrow, I would."

By this point, the whole knights of Favonius had learned about Rick's Photocycle. Amber had repeatedly expressed her jealousy of the bike, as it could make her job as scout so much easier. The mention of it sparked an idea.

He told Eliana to summon the sparrow. It appeared on the ground in front of them. Rick walked forward and pressed a button on the side. The back of the sparrow began to expand. As soon as it was done with whatever it was doing, Rick hopped on.

"There's enough space for you to sit in the back. Wanna go for a ride?"

Amber's eyes sparkled, and she jumped onto the back of the Photocycle. "So... now what?"