Chapter 5 - Sorrows and Lessons

Rick drove as fast as his sparrow would allow him. At some point, he had run over a sleeping Hilichurl, but it didn't matter, he had to get to the city. If the taken Ogre was allowed to deal any more damage than it probably already had, it would be catastrophic.

He heard screaming in the distance and scowled. He rode over a small cliff and swerved onto the bridge. He stopped when he saw the giant Ogre bursting its way into the city. It was the biggest one he'd ever seen. His attention moved toward two guards dead on the ground.

Rick revved the engine on his sparrow and shot forward.

He started getting shot at by extra Taken, but dodged each bullet. As he got closer to the Ogre, he put the sparrow at full speed. He jumped off the sparrow, and kicked it forward to give it some extra oomph.

The sparrow exploded on contact as Rick rolled backwards. He drew Ace and began firing at Taken Acolytes. Four of them hit the ground as Rick dodged a fist from a Taken Knight. He grabbed the arm of the knight and flipped the creature forward. The knight landed on its back and was immediately shot in the head by Ace.

Rick dodged backwards, avoiding eye blasts from the Ogre, who was unfortunately still alive. Rick clicked his tongue as he reloaded Ace. He then shot behind him as an Acolyte tried sneaking up on him.

Thank traveler for radar.

Rick casted a barrier as he began taking fire from more Acolytes. He prepared a handheld supernova, and shot forward. He blinked behind the small group of Acolytes and threw the grenade, which killed the taken easily.

He sighed as he had to dodge a sword from a taken knight. He conjured a Dawnblade in his hand, stabbing the knight in the stomach, then decapitating the creature. He shot into the air, firing down arcs of celestial fire on any Taken creature he saw.

He smiled, but was then shot down by the Ogre. He fell to the ground, rolling around and eventually hitting a wall.

Rick groaned. "Jesus...how many are even here? Amber just said it was an Ogre."

"Radar says at least 17 more acolytes. No more knights. So it's just them and the Ogre." Eliana said. Rick sighed.

"Same crap, different day." He muttered. Rick summoned his spectral blades, making him invisible. He ran out from his crevasse where he got shot, running through debris. He jumped onto an unsuspecting acolyte, stabbing it right through the back. Another looked back at him and went for a back handed blow. Rick ducked right under it, cutting off the arm then stabbing the taken creature in the face.

Rick ran forward, jumping onto a building and hopping back and forth between them. He got onto the roofs, seeing two other acolytes shooting at something. Rick ran forward with a slide, cutting one of the acolytes in half at the waste. He then punched the other one in the face, grabbed it by the throat and stabbed it right through the chest. He dragged the blade out the side of the acolyte, then threw it to the ground. He looked down into an alleyway, seeing a person he recognized. He was guarding civilians with a woman who looked like a nun?

Rick shook his head and he jumped down from the roof, landing right in front of them. "Is everyone okay here?"

The blue haired man sighed. "For the most part...some didn't make it."

Rick nodded. "I saw. Sorry I didn't get here sooner." He sighed. He looked at the two men. The blue haired man, Kaeya, looked worse for wear. Rick walked past him and channeled void energy into his arms. He pushed out and made a ward of dawn.

"That should help protect you for now." Rick said. "Try to stay hidden. And when I say stay hidden. I mean stay in the bubble."

Rick leaned against the wall of the alley, taking a peek outside. He saw the five more acolytes congregating around something. Rick pulled out Ace and walked from out of the alley. Ace began emitting smoke, as its true power became unleashed. Rick shot an Acolyte in the head, causing an explosion. It damaged two acolytes next to it. Rick finished the job by firing two more shots. Each headshot caused explosions from the taken bodies, killing the ones in vicinity.