Chapter 2 - Stories and emotions

Eula was surprised to see that the man known as Rick Anderson had been leaning outside Master Jean's door. She honestly didn't expect him to listen to what she said.

She watched for a moment as he threw a hunting knife in the air, before catching it on the tip of his pointer finger. His hood hid his eyes, but she could clearly see a smirk appear on his face.

"Good Morning, Ms. Lawrence." He said, before flicking the knife off of his finger, and then proceeding to catch it. Placing it behind him. "You sleep well?"

Eula scowled. "I see no reason to tell you how I slept."

The man shrugged. "Hey, no reason to get offended, princess. I was just trying to make conversation." He moved off the wall and began walking towards her, stopping almost right in front of her.

Eula bristled as she looked at his face. Even though they were not so different in height, he was looking down on her. Both physically and metaphorically. His brown, piercing eyes glistened with amusement.

"Now." The man clapped his hands. "What's going on today? Any exciting missions for the Captain of the reconnaissance company?"

Eula's eyes widened slightly, before she sighed in slight annoyance. "It seems you've done your homework."

"Oh yeah...I have." The man said in a low growl.

"Then you should know that you should be treating me with more respect. Now, let's go." Eula commanded, before turning around and walking outside the Knight's of Favonius headquarters.

As soon as she got down the stairs, she heard footsteps following her. She was surprised at the man's speed.

"You didn't answer my question." He said from behind her.

"You will get your answer when we get to our location."

The man clicked his tongue, and she heard some sort of shimmering noise. She looked back to see his face had been covered by the helmet he was wearing yesterday.

"How did you do that?" She asked demandingly. The man looked at her, she could practically feel a sort of glare coming from him. One that she returned.

"It's none of your business." He said with a growl. "Now let's get this over with." He said walking past her. Eula was about to call out before she was interrupted immediately.

"Eula!" She heard from her right. Eula looked over to see her good friend Amber walking over to her. "It's so good to see you! How have you been? The last time I saw you was during the whole Dragonspine incident." Amber asked with a smile.

Eula huffed. "It could be better...things have been...interesting."

"Is this about the whole meteor thing yesterday? As well as the man? I heard you're watching him from Aether."

Eula nodded. "I am. So far...it's been...unpleasant." She looked at Amber. "But enough of that. How are you?"

Amber smiled. "I'm doing well! I was actually looking for you. I heard you're going back towards where that whole thing started, so I was going to offer to help. After all, you don't patrol in that area, and I know it like the back of my hand!"

Eula raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying I won't be able to figure out the layout of a small forest?"

Amber giggled. "No silly. If anything, I think you'll need the company. You did say that your interaction with the guy we're not going so well."

"Yeah...they're not going well at all." Eula said with a sigh. "He found out who I was, as well as my heritage."

"All the more reason to come along! You wouldn't wanna be stuck with someone who has a bad opinion of you. "