Chapter 7- The Spirit of Competition

For the past week or so, Korra and I, have been going back to practice at the arena.

While the team practiced, I was beginning to grow bored, so I decided to explore a hobby, which was knitting. I had help from my mom of course and now I was sitting on the gym floor, knitting team sweaters for everyone.

I heard smashes and thuds, I look up to see the team on the floor cracking up from laughter.

"It's been great having you at so many back to back practices, Korra." Mako smiles. "You too, Fara." He waves.

I give him a thumbs up and continue my knitting.

The three talk amongs theirselves. "Okay, come on. Team huddle time."

"Fara!" Mako calls out.

"Yes?"

"Get your butt over here."

I shake my head, grabbing my knitting equipment.

"You've been knitting for days, give it a rest."

I sigh getting in the middle of Mako and Bolin.

I make a disgusted face as Bolin is flirtatiously glancing at Korra, who is flirtatiously smiling at Mako.

Mako looks over at me as we share the same confused look. He then clears his throat. "Ahem, it's our first match of the tournament tonight. I know we haven't been a team for very long, but even so, the Fire ferrets have never been this good. Are we ready?"

"We're ready!"

"Can I go back to knitting?"

"No quite." Asami interrupts. "You'll need these." She says flashing the sponsored uniforms for the ferrets.

"Hey, Asami." Mako lovingly greets his girlfriend.

"Good morning, sweetie."

I mentally cringe at the pet names.

Mako observes the uniforms. "These new uniforms look great."

"You look great, champ." Asami replies as the two rub their noses against each other.

I roll my eyes as I pick up my yarn and needle.

"Well, teammates," Mako says getting my attention. "I'll see you before the match tonight. Asami and I have a lunch date."

"Okay, we'll check you guys later, we'll see you when we see you," Bolin waves.

I laugh at the way Bolin had said his comment.

"What?" Bolin turns, slightly laughing back.

"Nothing," I smile. "You're just so funny without realizing."

Bolin raises his eyebrows at me. "So, Fara-"

I accidentally cut him off when I throw his sweater on top of his head. "Put this on, I wanna know if it'll fit."

Bolin puts on the sweater and begins to gush. "Fara, this is so warm!"

I smile. "Good, I've been working on that for days."

I begin to grab my belongings. "I'll see you guys later, I promised my mom I'd feed the lemurs today with my sisters."

"Bye, Fara," Bolin waves.

"Bye, Bolin. See you later Kor."

I use the boat to the island as I walk into the temple, it begins to snow.

Mom comes running towards me. "Fara, honey. It's snowing, I told you, when you relax special things happen."

I oddly smile. "Yeah, I surprisingly like knitting."