Chapter 11- When Extremes Meet

"Go out there and greet your friends before they arrive!"

"But dad," I groan, gesturing to my air nomad attire. "I don't want to wear this."

"Fara! Please just work with me, just for today."

"Alright," I grumble.

"Thank you," dad breathes out. "Now, get to the temple via, your friends will be arriving soon."

I grab Mako's scarf I had sewed up as well as getting ready and heading to the via, where my siblings and Korra were patiently waiting for Asami and the boys.

Soon the boat arrives. One Air Acolyte throws the anchor in the water while two others let down the ramp to allow everyone to get off the boat.

"You're finally here!" Ikki waves. "Welcome to air temple island, your new home." She sweetly greets.

"Yes, welcome to my domain!" Meelo playfully shouts.

Bolin is carrying his duffel bag over his right shoulder, and Mako and Asami descend the ramp behind him. "Well aren't you a sweet, little monk child."

"Take that back," I whisper to Bolin.

Pabu jumps down from Bolin's shoulder and runs in between Meelo's legs before running to the right. Meelo bends over and looks through his legs at Pabu. "What's that fuzzy creature?"

"That is a fire ferret." Jinora answers. "An arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the central Earth Kingdom."

"He's cuuuute!" Ikki squeals running towards Pabu. Jinora plugs her ears to silence Ikki's shrieks.

Meelo descends down to jump on Naga's head, grabbing and pulling the polar bear dog's ears backward. "Yip yip. Fly sky bison! Fly!"

"This is what I have to deal with on a daily basis." I joke, wrapping Mako's scarf around his neck.

Mako chuckles as he embraces me in a hug. "Thanks for sending the air acolytes to help us with the move."

"Yes," Asami exclaims. "They've been amazing. Such tireless workers."

I look over to the air acolytes carrying a massive amount of luggage. "Oh, I thought you were only bringing a few things." Korra says.

"Trust me, it could have been worse." Mako replies.

"No problem," Korra awkwardly giggles. "Everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome."

Asami clings her arm with mine. "Look at you miss airbender, all dressed up and everything."

I give her a little curtsy with my available arm. "Why, thank you."

Ikki and my siblings begin to show our guests around the temple.

I peer my head in front of Asami's body, looking down at Meelo, who is lovingly staring at Asami.

I slightly elbow her and direct my eyes to my little brother.

"You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair?" Meelo asks holding out his hand.

Mako was on the left of me, so I elbowed him. "Looks like you have some competition."

"I guess I do," he lightly laughs.

We stopped at the main entrance of the temple as Ikki began to present. "And now for the grand tour!" She exclaims. "The flying bisons sleep in those caves down there." She says pointing to the left. She then points upwards. "And that's the temple grandpa Aang built." She points to the right. "And that's the greenhouse where we grow vegetables we eat."