Chapter 17- Goodbye's

I was woken up by someone, who was slightly shaking me awake.

I groan, stirring around in my bed and eventually opening my eyes, to see Iroh's beautiful face hovering over me.

I smile up at him. "Hey," I murmur out.

"Hey." Iroh slightly frowns.

I use my elbows to propel myself up in a sitting position. "What's wrong? You don't look too happy."

Iroh begins to play with his uniform cuffs. "Um. I don't know how to put this."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Iroh, what's happening, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, but after my shower, I got a call last night from-"

"The United forces," I finish for him.

"Yeah," he sighs.

"W-when are you leaving?"

Iroh sits on the bedside, gesturing me to come sit on his lap, which I do.

"In an hour or so," he replies stroking my messy hair.

I rub my eyelids with my finger. I can't believe this is happening.

Iroh gently grabs my wrist and slowly places them down. "I'm so sorry, Fara."

I shake my head. "No, no, don't be, it's your job, I shouldn't be upset about you leaving."

Iroh continuingsly blinks. "You have every right to be upset, I told you I would be staying for a few weeks."

I place my chin on Iroh's shoulder. "But duty calls, right?"

Iroh only rubs my back in circular motions, in response.

"When will you be coming back?" I croak out.

Iroh deeply sighs. "I'm not sure, Fara."

I puff, "I guess that's one of the challenges of dating a General."

Iroh perks up from my last sentence. "Dating?"

I quickly lift my head off his shoulder. "O-oh, sorry, I didn't mean to say that, it just slipped out."

Iroh brushes my long baby hairs, behind my ears. "It's all right, it does feel like we're in a relationship, doesn't it?"

I slowly nod my head. If I didn't slip out a tear now, I think the blood vessel in my eye might burst from keeping my tears in.

Iroh slowly grabs my head and places a sweet kiss on my forehead, continuously.

My body went against me as a single tear fell down my cheek.

Iroh detached his lips away from my head and looked deeply into my eyes. "Why don't you come with me?"

I slightly bit my bottom lip. "You know I can't do that."

"Yeah, that was stupid of me to ask." Iroh curses to himself. "Sorry."

"No, it's not stupid," I reassure, observing Iroh's beautiful features. "It's just everything that's happening right now; I have to be with my family and Korra, and you have to be with your forces or whatever you call them."

"Yeah," Iroh lowly chuckles but then hisses. "Man, I'm gonna miss your fat ass."

I crack a toothy smile. "I'm gonna miss yours more."

"I promise you, this time will be quicker than you'll think. I'll be back before you know it and then I can properly ask you to be my girlfriend." Iroh says looking me dead in the eyes as he holds my face in both of his palms.

"Okay," I reply, more tears falling down my cheeks.

Iroh leaned down and kissed my tears away. He leaned back slightly, gazing down at my lips.

I poked my lips out for Iroh to kiss, which he did. The kiss was soft and gentle, Iroh licked my bottom lip as our tongues collided, his hands traveled down my waist as it made it's way down my ass. I lowly moaned into the kiss as his hands rested around my butt.

Iroh pulled back, resting his forehead on mine, I panted from how long we were kissing for. He leaned down and planted another kiss on my lips. I wrapped my legs around his torso and squeezed him tight, gaining a groan from him.

Iroh gently bit my bottom lip, releasing it, but not before moving his lips to my neck and humming in it.

My head flew back a little as a moan escaped my lips. "Don't do this to me, when you're about to leave." I groan.

"I can't help it." Iroh replies sucking my neck like a spiderbat.

I laughed from the sucking because it tickled a little bit. "Iroh, stop! That tickles."

I grab his head, making him detach his mouth away from my neck after he's been sucking and licking on it for minutes now.

He then kisses my collarbone, jaw, nose, and one more kiss on my lips.

"Walk me out?" He asks. I nod my head as Iroh stands up with me still strapped around him like a baby.

We walk out the house with everyone standing outside, waiting for Iroh's departure.

"You told them?" I whisper looking amongst my friends and family.

"Yeah, they heard on the intercom."

A large ship, trails across the side of the ocean. "I guess that's my que."

I detach my legs around Iroh's torso as he gently lays me to the snow, my arms still around him as I'm high on my tippy toes. "Write to me."

"Of course, I look forward to your letters."

I peck his lips. "I miss you, already."

"I miss you, already too."

The ship honks several times. "I'm coming!" Iroh shouts.

I unravel my arms around Iroh's neck and cross them around my chest. "See you later?"

"Definitely," Iroh says, taking out his hand to fist bump me.

I bawl my right hand into a fist and pound his.

"Bye, babe." I smile.

"Babe," Iroh hums. "I like that." And with that he jogs to his ship.

I watch as he boards the ship and sail away.

I fall to my knees but was caught by someone as we both gently fell to the snow together.

"I've got you." Asami coos.

I let out a hard cry, it wasn't loud but it was loud enough to let my family and friends around me hear.

"I miss him already," I cough out.

Dad looks at me stunned, I don't think he's ever heard me cry like this before.

He walks over as Asami hands him over to me, dad wraps his cloak around me as he embraces me in a hug. "It's all right, Fara. You'll see him again."

My body shakes into my dad as I choke on every sentence I try to form.

Maybe, I was being a little dramatic.

"It's all right, Fara. Shh." He coos.

I squeeze him tightly. "I love you, dad."

"I love you too." He replies, resting his right cheek on my head.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

The same morning, I was informed my family were leaving to go to visit grandpa Aang's temple for a while and I was going with them.

My eyes were puffed from all the crying today and now I was crying even more because I was leaving my friends all so sudden.

Also Aunt Kya and Uncle Bumi were tagging along with us. The more the merrier.