Chapter 3

Sonic POV:

It's day 2 and I'm hoping class goes by quick so that I can go play music again. I thought it would be cool if I brought my guitar to school today! It's funny, I thought moving here would help me take a break from showbiz but here I am, grabbing my instruments to play more music! Maybe I can cut the hiatus short and... no, I left for a reason, and I'm not gonna come back just to be overworked again...

I get to school early and I have time to drop off my guitar in the music room. As I walk in, I see Shadow standing there staring at the piano. Seems like he hasn't noticed me. He seems... sad?

Sonic: Hi Shadow! Seems like you're here early too. I heard you're always late so why are you here early?

Shadow jumps and turns to me. He looks like he got jump scared or something. I guess he zoned out and didn't notice me at all.

Shadow: Oh it's you blue... I mean Sonic. Uh yeah I guess it is rare for me to be this early heh. I guess I got here early hoping you were gonna play something here before school...

I blush immediately realizing he really likes my music. I never put much thought into my music so it's nice seeing someone likes what I play. I sit down and play a song I wrote in the past. It's not done yet but I mean I can still work on it.

Shadow: Wow.... This isn't Mozart. Who made this one?

Sonic: Oh I'm working on this one. I made it.

Shadow: Impressive...*Bell starts ringing* Oh that's the bell. We have the same class so... wanna walk with me to class? 

I nod and we both go class. As we walk through the hallway, I see girls looking at us and they are giving me weird looks. I forgot how popular he was and I'm guessing they don't like me being too close to him. I can't leave though, I mean how can I? We're going to the same class so I'll have to just walk through it.

As we make it to class, the teacher seems surprised at Shadow for being early. I sit down on my seat and Shadow sits next to me. Suddenly, I feel all eyes on me. The girls are all glaring at me and whispering to each other. I'm already gonna have a bad day...

Shadow POV:

Sonic seems stressed over something. She looks super uncomfortable sitting next to me. Is it because of me? I look around and notice all the girls glaring at her. Oh, they must think we're dating or something. I mean I wouldn't reject the idea of being with her... but I mean we just met. I can't just ask out some girl I just met.

-Time skip to lunch-

Sonic Pov:

It's finally lunch! It felt too long omg. All the girls were giving me death glares so I'm gonna run to the music room.

-at music room-

I enter the music room and grab my guitar. I begin to freestyle for fun. It seems like I'm bad at noticing people cuz Shadow again surprises me and pops outta nowhere.

Shadow: Hey Sonic. Seems like you're at pro at any instrument you touch. Are you a music prodigy haha?

Shadow seems amazed at me being able to play so well. I'm glad.

Sonic: Well honestly, music's been a part of me since I was young. I always spent my time practicing and playing music since it's always been so fun.

Shadow pov:

After Sonic said that she gave me this cute smile. My heart suddenly started to flutter. Is this love?

Shadow: Sonic I'll be right back. Could you play on the piano when I'm back? Well whatever is fine for you. I'll be back in a bit.

Sonic: Yeah sure! I don't mind!

I leave and run to the bathroom. These feelings are too much. I haven't felt this happy since Maria died. When my sister died, it killed something inside me. Mephiles was affected just as much especially since she took care of us since she was our older sister.

Mephiles: Bro? You good? I saw you run here, are you feeling well?

Shadow: yea I'm good. I just needed to compose myself. I'll go now sorry for worrying you brother.

Mephiles grabs my arm and stops me from leaving. I look at him confused.

Shadow: Mephiles what are you doing?

Mephiles: Shadow are you sure? It's that blue haired girl you mentioned yesterday isn't it.

I didn't respond. How am I supposed to explain this to him? He'll probably overreact. I told him about my interest on her but he was pretty shocked that day already.

Mephiles: it is isn't it. Well, can I go with you too? I just wanna see what you meant by her music being like hers.

Shadow: ok, I'll take you but just this once. I prefer it's just me and her in that room.

Mephiles: *smirks* okay lover boy

I take Meph to see Sonic play and it seems she was in the middle of playing. We walk inside and I assure Meph she wouldn't notice. Well it seems like he wasn't paying attention to me too as he began to cry. He wasn't shaking or anything he just had tears falling from his face. Sonic started playing another song but this song shocked both of us. We knew this song very well... This was the song our sister would often play here...

Shadow: Beautiful as always...

Sonic: Eek! Sorry Shadow, I guess I suck at noticing- Ohmygosh are you two okay?! You're both crying!

Sonic runs to us both worried trying to help us and then me and Meph both realize that we're both crying. 

Mephiles: *sniff* I'm sorry *sniff* I just couldn't *sniff* it was too beautiful...

Mephiles leaves the room immediately and I see him rush to the direction to the bathroom. I laugh a little and then see Sonic with this cute confused face looking at me.

Shadow: *sniff* Sorry Sonic, *chuckles* My brother Mephiles is fine. That song you were playing means a lot to us... 

I pat her head and I swear I saw her blush.

Sonic: oh ok. Well tell your brother I hope he feels better.

After saying that the bell rings and lunch is over.

Sonic: Well I have to go to PE see you later!

Shadow: wait, PE? I have that too! Lets go together.

Sonic seems to panic a bit about going with me. Oh yeah she's probably worried about the girls who always follow me everywhere.

Shadow: Don't worry Sonic. Those annoying girls won't hurt you, I promise. Cuz if they do, I'll make them regret it.

Sonic blushes at me and nods and goes with me to PE. She's less nervous and seems more chill after I said that. The other girls are still glaring at her but I glare back and they seem to back off.

TBC