chapter 9

Sonic POV:

It's the weekend and I'm going with Rouge, Scourge, and Silver shopping for Shadow and Mephiles' gifts. I know Shadz said he didn't need one but he has to have one. I won't take no for an answer!

*At the mall*
The second we get there I see Silver already picking out gifts for Mephiles. He seems worried though, I walk up to Silver and ask him if everything's okay.
Silver: Sonic! Sorry, I was just thinking about what to get Mephiles...A-AND SHADOW's gift haha! Don't worry about me!
I walk away kinda confused over why he was acting like that and continue on looking. While doing that I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see Rouge standing behind me with her usual smirk.
Rouge: Hey Sonic, I know a gift Shadow would like~

Sonic: Oh really? What is it?

Rouge: Come here~

Rouge grabs me and pulls me towards the game store. I hear Scourge yelling at her telling her not to do something? Well we enter the store and she points to Devil May Cry 5.

Sonic: Oh! I love this game! I'll buy him that. I'll go look around some more thanks!

I go around and grab some more games. Hitman trilogy, the Yakuza Collection, Nier Automata, well I grab some pretty good games. I rush over to the cash register and drop the games I got for him.

Employee: ok, that'll be $180

I hand over the money and walk out, I see Rouge  with a shocked expression that looked similar to Shadow's when we bought the consoles. I shrugged it off and went to see if there is anything else I could find. Honestly though, I don't feel like just games are enough, there's something missing... What does Shadow seem to really like? Oh I know! I'll find a vinyl of one of the most legendary piano players in the world, Beethoven. I'm always playing Beethoven so he'll like that. I go and find a limited edition one cuz those are the cooler ones. I check out the item and run back home after telling the other guys that I'll be going home.

Once I'm at my house I prepare the gift and I get a ring from my phone and see that it's Rouge.

Rouge: Hey Sonic! I forgot to tell u this but since we'll be getting ready at my place I also need to show you something there as well.

Sonic: Okay! And if u don't mind me asking, what is it?

Rouge: oh you'll see it when you get there~ for now just wait.

Well that was weird. Anyways I get the gifts for Shadow and Meph ready and think about anything else I would want to add. Maybe a watch? Or a new phone? Nah that's too much. Idk I'll just wait and see what else comes to mind.