Chapter 10

Shadow POV:

2 days left until the party. Everyone's following me and Meph trying to get last-minute invites. Ever since I got here, We were loved by everyone without really trying. They were all nice and they still are, but now it's just annoying. Me and my brother look the same since we're identical twins so when we're both together the crowd just gets larger. When we started inviting our friends to our birthday party, we wouldn't realize how crazy it would be to be invited to our party. It's like the Great Gatsby, everyone wants to go to our 'famous' parties. Anyways, I started to run to my next class and I passed by Sonic's friends. No sign of Sonic though... We invited her friends to the party since they seem like good people. I walk over to the yellow-orange-haired boy who's always following her.

Shadow: Hey you, Miles was it? Have you seen Sonic? N-not like it's important or anything, I just need to ask her something real quick...

Tails: Oh hello...Shadow?!? I'm sorry! I know you invited us but it's still weird being invited by a popular person like you to their party...

Shadow: It's all good.

Tails: Sonic isn't here today. Me and the group texted her a while back but still no response.I don't think anything happened though...

Sonic's not here? And no one's gotten a hold of her? That sounds really off... I leave and start to think of possible reasons as to why she may not be responding to anyone. Maybe she overslept? Or she got kidnapped!? No that makes no sense...

Sonic POV:

I'm in my house and my phone is ringing like hell.

I don't feel like getting up... I'm too tired...

Last night was crazy. I was up allnight composing songs for my new album. Though I shouldn't be doing this... I mean I left the group technically so why am I working on this? Well I could make this my redebut album sooo... Well anyways... I'm so tired at this point I might just pass out....

*A few hours later*

huh? How long was I out? I look at my phone and see that it's already afternoon. AFTERNOON?!?! I MISSED SCHOOL!!! Well not exactly, its the final period but ughhhhhh.... Welp, that's what I get for pulling a mega allnighter!  I hit my pillow and get up from bed. I went to make myself some coffee and go back upstairs to my room. Ughhh... HOW DID I OVERSLEEP??? Ugh whatevs let's get back to work.

Idk what I'm doing honestly. I shouldn't be working on music when I'm clearly on break. As I went back on my pc, I notice my phone was ringing like hell. I pick it up and see all the notifs from everyone, including Shadow. I look through all the messages and it seems like they got worried on why I was gone from school. Mostly "u good?" Or "why aren't you here? Is everything okay?" I laugh a little since they seem too worried over me missing one day. I scroll down and see Shadows text. I blush a little while reading it.

Shadow: Sonic are you okay? I didn't see you all day.

Shadow: Sonic I'm gonna guess either you're asleep or your phone is dead and if you ever get to reading this, please respond soon. All your friends are beginning to freak out since you're not responding to anyone.

Shadow: okay I'll admit I'm also worried but I'm sure you're fine 😅

Shadow: Hey blue it's the last class and if you finally see these messages can you tell me what's going on? This isn't usually you

I look at the messages and decide to reply.

Shadow POV:

Class is about to end. I look over at Sonic's friends who are also in this class and see them all panicking. I think they're over exaggerating it. I mean I'm worried but she's probably fine. As I watch them my phone suddenly started buzzing. I open it and see that she responded.