14 - Lost

Winter was coming to its end. Bare thickets of small shrubs were finally beginning to reveal their small green leaves after what felt like months of seeing nothing.
My thighs burned as they rubbed against one another. With my scarf neatly tied around my neck, it was unfortunately unable to mask the bites around my jaw left behind by Springtrap. I didn't mind to be quite honest. Memories of his thick accent and the heat of that night swirled hazily in my mind whenever I saw the mauve patterns.
"Hello?" A low voice weakly called out as a result of my knocking.
"Michael? It's me, (Y/N)." I responded as I was brought back to reality watching the door creak open slowly. It was peculiar but I always assumed he was just reserved and perhaps that is why he refused to speak too much about his past.
"Oh, hi, I didn't expect you." He spoke awkwardly, and through the dark crevasse of the door I could hardly see him.
"Why are you hiding?" I blurted. It was inconsiderate but I was tired of jumping around the bush. If Springtrap needed Michael then I would have to bring him whether he liked it or not.
"Uh, today is not a good day for me. Please come visit me some other time. I'm not in a mood to talk today." He coughed shortly after his response. A barking one that almost sounded like a gag.
"Nonsense! I'm your friend. Let's see what's going on." I urged, for a moment I wondered how deep I had gotten into the rabbit hole. To have gone from fearing the intimidating nature of Michael to now feeling not a lick of shyness toward him was beginning to make me question if Springtrap's influence caused such a shift in my recent behavior.
"(Y/N). No." He remained stubborn but with a shove at the door, I managed to catch him off guard enough for him to stumble. Allowing my way in, I stiffened once a rotten stench hit my nostrils. Turning to face Michael, I swallowed a lump in my throat as I noticed his composure. His stature, once confident now appeared crooked as he fiddled with the tangled strings on his hoodie. A grey hood propped over his sunken face not daring to meet my gaze. He wore matching sweat pants, a darker shade than his top, yet they were stained with what I assumed to be patches of bleach. His lack of energy contributed to the tense awkwardness between us as his hollowed eyes eventually shifted even lower to peek at his bandaged mauve fingertips.
"Please leave." He silently requested.
"I just..I am sorry to bother you. I have questions and I need to speak with you..it's about Springtrap. I have more Information." I forced myself to respond, already growing uncomfortable with my previous actions.
He merely nodded as he made a beeline for the kitchen. With such a poorly lit apartment, it was hard to see his feature properly, reminding me of the first encounter I had with him. As I overheard shuffling in the kitchen, I curiously awaited for him in the living room.
His apartment was clean but not by choice; it was tidy because there was hardly any furniture making it as minimalistic as possible. With the exception of the carton of stale popcorn littering the table, of course. I eyed the grim wallpapers. Their color faded and the corners of each strip now peeling off. The TV sat in the center of the room. Its screen was grey and wires tangled behind it.
"What did you want to ask?" Michael's husky voice interrupted me from my curious thoughts as he took a seat on the plush cushioning of the sofa beside me. With the small streaks of daylight pouring in from the broken-down blinds, I managed to get a better glimpse of him. Face sickly with streaks of purplish blemishes, I swallowed back the urge to question him as I noticed how fatigued he appeared. His neck was bandaged tightly while eye bags drooped his youthful appearance.
"What can you tell me about William Afton?"

He stiffened. Sunken eyes suddenly bulged as he gripped the can of beer in his hand tight enough for the metal to crinkle a bit.
"He." He paused briefly as if to rethink his words before he continued, "He is..someone I very much dislike. He was a murderer and the founder of the franchise."
"Did you know him personally?" I blurted, tired of beating around the bush, of always receiving the same answers.
"Yes." He sighed a breath he'd been stewing in the pit of his chest since I first mentioned the name of the founder, "He was my father. I am thoroughly convinced that Springtrap is where his body remains which is why I am very drawn to my job. My father was not a good person. That is not me ranting. That is simply a fact. He always had violent outbursts toward my mother, sometimes even siblings if they asked too many questions, and he seemed to only find joy in the machines he created, Yet his anguish found a way into those bolts and wrenches he handled."
My gut twisted as I listened to Michael explain his history with his father. There were boulders in my stomach, sudden anxiety from realizing what I had done. I fucked a murderer. I fucked my coworker's dad. His words grew muffled, my eyes widening themselves from my realizations and connections in what this all meant.
"He is not someone to be trusted. A nuisance and a danger which is why I've decided that I'm going to burn down the pizzeria." He set his can of beer to the side as he slapped his knees seemingly approved with his response for his father's wrongdoings.
"Burn?" I repeated as I watched him nod.
"Burning the damn place is the only bloody way for those kids to find peace. The kids whose lives my father jeopardized for his selfish desires. It is time I clean his mess and connect those children to a life of peace. (Y/N), I don't care if you're with me or not. You will not stop me," he spat, violet nose now wrinkled as he sent an icy glare in my direction, "I can not change the history of that hellhole but I will make a difference. A change for those children. I fear I am losing time, losing myself. I know I will be dead soon, so I ask of you, even if it means little to me, are you interested in joining me?" With a bandaged hand sticking out before me, his pearly eyes finally met with mine. In them, appeared a look that embedded into my skull. An image that burned in my brain and a moment I'd never forget as my hand reached to grasp along his colder one.

☺☻
A/N: Lol love how I'm literally job hunting atm