t h i r t e e n

'Why aren't you riding?' Pin asked as I walked out of the crate.

'I am. I mean, I plan to.' I said.
'I have only had one lesson of course. Still warming up to horses, you know.'
It was true. I felt better about being around them but riding one. I'm still working on that.

'Are you scared?' He asked.

'Maybe.' I replied.
'But knowing who Raven is will really help. I hope. He's been through so much and if he can be brave... I can, too. Anyway, I'll see you later, Peter. That's your name right?'

'Only my dad calls me that.' Pin said.

'Oh, so Pin's a nickname? What does it mean?' I asked.

'It's not a nickname.' He told me.
'It's my name.'

'Alright then, Pin.... it is.' I smiled.
'It was lovely to meet your acquaintance but I shall go now and order my servant, cough, Zoe, about.'

I did a posh accent making him smile a little before I set off to the stables.

_____________________

I took Raven from his stables and guided him with the lead rope and walked towards the arena. Raven neighed.

'I know.' I muttered. 'I know what happened to you. But I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you ever again. I swear. Never again.' I hugged Raven's neck.

I approached the fence and unlocked it. Marcus noticed me and looked up.

'Hey.' He greeted me.
'You're back.'

I had an idea to go out of my comfort zone and push down my nerves.

'I want to train on him properly. I want to start at the beginning, and keep going until we get to the county show. Then I want to stop and probably sit in an ice bath and treat myself from the hardwork I will put in.' I told him.

'Hmm. Okay.' Marcus agreed walking off to get ready.
'But stick to the rules, don't be like Zoe.'

'It's offensive that you think me and Zoe are similar.' I told him.

'You are unbelievable.' Marcus said before unlocking the gate.

'Come on, Raven.' I exhaled.
'Let's do this.'

*imagine that when they say Zoe's name its Aubrey. And the outfits are close to recent ones*

_________________

Marcus wanted us to do the water jump. From Raven's background I knew he wouldn't do it but always good to try.

'Okay, Raven. We can do this. Simple.' I muttered. Me and Raven started galloping but he stopped right infront of the water jump. I knew he wouldn't do it.

'It's okay.' Marcus told me.

'Little idea. Let's pretend this whole water jump thing doesn't exist.' I said to Marcus.

'There's a water jump in the county show, Aubrey.' Marcus informed me.

I sighed. 'I can't back out can I?'
What was I going to do?

_________________

Rosie wanted me, Zoe and Gramps to go to a tree ontop of a hill because apparently that's where Ted, Pin's dad, buried Emerald, her horse. I held a boquet of flowers for Mom to place down. I was surprised that Pin and Ted were her too. I guess Rosie asked them to join us. I stood next to Pin and Zoe stood next to me. Gramps waited at the top of the hill as lookout. We could hear Rosie and Mom trudging up the hill.