s i x t e e n

I laid down on my bed and followed the patterns on the ceiling with air from my open window hitting my face. I had changed my outfit and put it in the wash as it was muddy. My mind kept going back to Raven and Luna and how we hadn't found them. Of course, I was thrilled for Mia that FireFly was found by us but still. My heart was still broken.

(^outfit now)

(^outfit now)

I was in deep thought when light tapping on my window caught my attention. When I sat up, I noticed it was the pebbles meaning Pin. I stood up and walked over to the window. Peeking over the edge, I saw Pin standing there with three more pebbles in his hand.

'Hi!' I exclaimed.

'Hey. Ready to go?' He asked.

'I need to get my shoes on quickly but I'll be down.' He nodded his head and I turned around and walked to my closet. I picked out simple black and white checkered vans. Once they were slid on, I grabbed my phone and walked back over to the window. I swung my right leg over the ledge.

'Is Aubrey Phillips sneaking out?' Pin asked, gasping.

'Kinda. Rosie will cover for me.' I whisper-shouted down to him.
'Now stop distracting me.'
I carefully swung my other foot round and gripped onto the pipe that ran down the house. My foot placed itself onto a part of the pole and I did the same with my other foot. I then slid down the pole and jumped to the ground. My feet carried me over to him and we both walked to Rosie's room window.
I took the spare three pebbles from his hand and chucked one of them at the window, then the other. After the second, Rosie made her way towards her window. She opened it slowly and started to whisper-shout.

'What are you two doing?'

'We're going for a walk and no you can't join us.' I told her. 'But could you please cover for me if Mom says anything and text me what you tell her okay?'

'Wait.' She put her finger up. 'You will have to do me a favour.'

'What? Do you want to sneak out to see Ben? My best friends little brother and my little sister are dating. How fun!' I exclaimed.

'We are not dating.' She snapped. 'We aren't even really friends.'

'That's betrayal to Ben, Rosie. But what is the favour?' I asked.

'You give me a complete makeover with makeup.' She smiled.

'Fine. Deal.' I told her. 'Let's get going.' I grabbed Pin's hand and guided him away from the house and towards the beach.
'Sorry about Rosie.'

'It's fine.' He laughed. We walked through the woods where I had been earlier that day. I explained what had happened in the woods with Mia.
'That was one heck of a day for you, huh.'

'Yeah.' I sighed. We sat on a rock that was on the sand and watched the sea as it reflected the sunset on to it's waters.
'Thanks for being a good friend. It means a lot to me.'

Pin nodded. With his eyes still stuck on the view he started to speak.
'You know. I've never really had a new person arrive at the island and befriend me. They always want to befriend Mia or Marcus or they just aren't a horsey person. You're different though. You weren't into horses and yet you regularly came to the stables. You hate Mia. Don't have any interest in Marcus and stuck by me when I got arrested.'

'Probably because I know what the right thing to do is in situations and.... I trust my gut instincts. I knew that you had walls that weren't broken down when I first met you so I gave you a chance. You didn't seem like a person to steal without a cause so I didn't trust what anyone said not until I got the full truth from you.'
I explained.

'Without a cause?' Pin scoffed jokingly.

'What!?'

'You still think I'm a person who would steal.' Pin said.

'Only for a good cause like saving someone's life in your case a horses life.' I smiled. He laughed. That laugh made me smile even more brighter.

'But still.... thanks.'

He looked deep into my eyes as I stared right back. I could feel myself inching closer to him as he did the same to me. Our lips connected, the sunset glow beaming onto our faces. I smiled as our lips were still touching. After a few more seconds, we leaned back and smiled brightly at eachother.

'Shall I walk you home?' Pin asked, jumping off of the rock we were sitting on.

'Ooo. Shall is a posh word. Sounds like you're a duke.' I jumped off of the rock with my hand in his. 'But you shall escort me home.'

We walked back to my house chatting about Elvis and Raven and the sick pony that has gotten way better since the first time I met him. Our hands were still interlocked when we entered the field that is opposite my bedroom window. We walked slowly taking in the last seconds of the night we had together.

'This was nice.' Pin told me. I nodded. 'Hopefully we can do it again.'

'I'm down for that.' I agreed. I turned to face him grabbing his other hand aswell. 'Thank you for tonight.'

'My pleasure.' He grinned.

'Aubrey!' I heard a whisper-shout to my left. I turned to look out the house and saw Rosie hanging out my window.
'You better hurry because Mom is getting suspicious. I gave the excuse that you were studying as you didn't want to forget everything when you go back to school.'

'Okay. Thanks Rosie.' I whisper-shouted back.

'Flashcards are on your desk aswell as textbooks.'

'Thanks Rosie.' I chuckled. I then turned my focus back to Pin. 'I better get going.'

'Yeah. I- I'll see you tomorrow?' Pin asked.

'Yeah for sure.' I answered. I turned to the house and started making my way to my window where Rosie was waiting impatiently. I climbed up Grandpa's wooden garden frames and grabbed the window sill. I could hear mom's footsteps walking up the stairs and Rosie running out the room and trying to stall her. I turned and saw Pin still standing below me trying to hide a smile clearly he could hear my mom as well. Mom was inching closer so I lifted myself up and swung my leg over. I quickly kicked off my shoes and collapsed onto the bed pulling one of the textbooks towards me and placed the revision cards around me. My door opened with a creak and I looked up.

'Oh. You're in here. By the way Rosie was acting I thought you snuckout.' She laughed. I smiled and stood up walking to the window hiding Pin who was walking away from the house at a quick pace.

'Rosie can act pretty weird sometimes.' I told mom.

'I heard that!' Rosie exclaimed from downstairs. Me and my mom started laughing. I turned to look outside and saw Pin had left but stood there a little longer to not act suspicious.

'Why don't we watch a movie tonight?' Mom offered. I nodded my head.

'That sounds nice. Maybe can ease grandpa into this generation.' I joked.

'Sounds like a plan.' Mom walked out the room. I took a sigh of relief and sat on the bed.