6- Rivalry

-Irene's POV-

After seeing Celestiana and Celestine conversing in the patio area, I decided to follow them. I turned to listen to what they were saying since they were battling one another. Even though I am aware that my kids are incapable of lying to me, I am able to feel unsettled since it seems like they are privy of secrets that I am not. I didn't get involved since I assumed it would just be a straightforward sibling quarrel. Although we had rigorously forbade it when she was younger, Tine was caught increasing her voice at her sister, so I immediately reprimanded her. We ensure that they continue to be addressed in a respectful manner notwithstanding their ages being only two years apart.

I exclaimed "Maria Victorina Gracia Arianna Celestine!" They turned to face me, and I noticed their tense expressions, which caused me to start thinking excessively once more.

Celestine said apprehensively, "mommy?" while trembling a bit. They still have anxious expressions on their cheeks as Celestiana whispered, "Mom?"

I brought Celestine close to me and asked, "What's wrong with you, Tine? Why are you shrieking and sobbing?" as I gently dried her tears.

Celestiana said, "Mommy, It's Tine," which made me ponder what exactly was going on. What has Celestine been up to? Is there something she's keeping from me?

I asked, a little angry, "What's wrong?" I questioned my youngest child, with all seriousness, "Did you do something?" They continue to remain silent while attempting to keep something from me.

They're still reluctant to tell me the truth, so I yelled angrily, "Don't you dare lie to me; either you tell me now or I'll get your dad to talk to you."

"Celestine's Pregnant Mommy" Celestiana said avoiding Irene and Celestine's Gaze.

"WHAT!! " Irene replied, shocked. "Celestine is this True!?" she asked, quite disappointed.

Gabriella abruptly responded, "Yes, mom, she's pregnant." Standing next to her older sister, Gabriella, Celestiana candidly remarked, "I saw her pregnancy test, mommy."

"Ang hilig nyong mangialam sa buhay ng may buhay!" exclaimed Celestine. She's upset because she loves Vince and he doesn't feel the same way.

Gabriella exclaimed, "Syempre babantayan ka namin bunso ka namin eh!"

Not caring that her mother was watching them with weeping eyes, Celetine shrieked at her older sister, "Hindi lahat ng oras kailangan ko ang pagbabantay nyo! Hindi na ako bata para ibaby nyo! Kapatid ko lang kayo, wala kayong karapatan sa desisyon ko sa buhay!"

Gabriella said angrily, "Hoy Celestine, hindi ka namin pinalaking bastos! Yan ba ang natutunan mo everytime you're with Vince!"

"Ate! That's too much! Hindi naman ginusto ni Celestine to besides wala na din naman tayong magagawa since anjan na ang bata" exclaimed Celestiana. She went to console Celestine by her side.

Gabriella said, "ano!? Kakapihan mo yan? Sige bahala kayo, malalaki na kayo, buhay nyo yan!" as she turned to leave and returned to her room.

Celestine said to Celestiana, "Umalis ka nalang din, tutal pareho lang naman kayong nangingi alam sa buhay ko."

Celestine chastised Tine, saying, "Ano? Ikaw na tong kinampihan, ikaw pa tong magagalit?" Celestine gave her a blank stare before turning to leave.

It pained Irene to watch her daughters fight. Irene departed after Gabriella did to give her husband, Greggy, a call. She wants to let Greggy know about everything that has been going on in this family. She can't handle it, she needs him, and she detests seeing her kids quarrel.