Daylight

Camilo woke up, with a jolt. Groaning, he turned off his awful alarm.

I really should change the sound

After getting dressed, he grabbed the pan on the table next to his door. Using the pan, he banged on every door.

Once everyone walked out, glaring at him, he smiled and shrugged, sliding down the rail of the stairs.

Turns out, that was a terrible plan because he fell off. After standing back up, he brushed himself off and continued as if nothing happened. Mirabel giggled and Camilo shot her a goofy smile. Sitting down at his spot, he turned to Antonio

"How's Tally doing?" Tally, Antonio's toucan, had been sick lately. They would have asked Julieta for an arepa, but no one actually knew what toucans ate, so they were hoping Tally would get better on her own. 

Before Antonio could answer, Abuela sat down, and everyone dug in. Once everyone was finished, Abuela smiled. "Mirabel found out that toucans eat fruits and berries. Julieta, do you think a fruit salad would work?"

"I mean does it really count as a food I made though?" Tia replied

It ended up being a huge argument over how far Julieta's powers extended. Thankfully, Mirabel gave Dolores her noise-canceling headphones, meaning that Dolores wouldn't have a headache for the rest of the day.

Camilo took a bite out of his empanada, trying to pull the melty cheese apart. Somehow, he ended up with cheese in his hair. Dolores covered her mouth, but Camilo could tell she was laughing. 

Desperately pulling at the cheese, Camilo shifted into multiple people. Antonio turned around and did a double-take.

"You know you could just shift into the bald man, right?"

Camilo groaned, shifting into the bald priest who lived in town. After getting the cheese off, Camilo stood up to go wash his hair off.