Afternoon

Inspired by the video above(that i do not own, by the way)

Bruno and Camilo had been playing pranks on Mirabel and Isabella for a few hours now, and they were getting pretty bored. Bruno went to go talk to Julieta.

Meanwhile, Camilo went to go check on Dolores. She hadn't come out of her room all day.

Almost bumping into her, Camilo greeted Abuela on her way down the stairs. "Camilo, do you mind grabbing your sister for me? Pepa and Luisa need her to help them figure out how deep the chasm in Bruno's room is". Camilo nodded and continued on his way up the stairs. 

Once he opened the door, he knew Dolores was sick. Tissues littered the floor, and Dolores had her extra-powered noise-canceling headphones in, despite her room being soundproof. "Dolores," He said gently. She didn't hear him, so he shut the door behind him and tapped her shoulders

She lifted her headphones. "Camilo? What's wrong?"

 Camilo laughed, careful to keep his voice down. Whenever Dolores got sick, any loud noise immediately gave her a headache. "You're asking me what's wrong? Dolores, you're the one who's sick" he replied 

"Yeah..." she trailed off

"Wait here" Closing the door behind him, Camilo ran downstairs, grabbing a leftover arepa from the day before. Returning to Dolores's room, he gave it to her. She didn't eat it right away, but she took a tentative bite out of it after a minute.

She gave him a grateful smile and asked him why he came. He stopped what he was doing to look at her. She wasn't ready to deal with Abuela right now, especially since she was on the edge around her.

So he lied.

"Nothing, just came to check up on you"

Well not exactly. He wasn't necessarily wrong... She looked like she didn't believe him, but she still let him leave quietly. He walked to the bathroom, quickly morphing his face into Dolores's, and walked to Abuela.

And he did it again. and again. And again.

Once Isabela, once Luisa, once even Mirabel.

Every time, Abuela didn't know. She was sometimes annoyed with him for not helping as much, but Camilo knew his family needed the break. 

That's what he told himself, anyway. But deep down, he knew he was trying to prove to himself he could do more than take care of children.