Morning

Camilo jumped, shapeshifting into his sister.

Mirabel had silent tears streaming down her face.

"I-"

Camilo cautiously shifted back into himself.

Neither of them could find words to describe what they were feeling. 

Then they realized that they sort of owed each other apologies

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you, I was being an absolute idiot, i-"

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have stolen everyone's identities, I was being a crappy person, I hope you guys can forgive me, i-"

they were talking over each other, trying, begging, even for the other person to forgive them.

Once the two of them couldn't talk anymore, they just sat next to each other, lost in thought.

"I was scared I would become useless again" Mirabel blurted

"Huh?" Camilo wasn't expecting that.

"I was scared that if the whole situation came back I would become useless again"

"Prima, you were never useless."

Mirabel let out a dry chuckle

"Abuela didn't seem to think so"

"Mira-"

Camilo stopped.

"I'm being hypocritical, aren't I"

It wasn't quite a question, but a statement. Mirabel turned to face her cousin, intrigued

"I mean, not even 2 weeks ago I told Bruno not to change for the family, and yet look what I did. I, quite literally, changed for the family, "

"And then I'm telling you you were never useless when this entire ordeal was to convince myself I wasn't"

Camilo buried his face in his prima's shoulder. Mirabel could feel his tears starting to soak the fabric of her sleeve, but she didn't care.

The two of them stayed in that room for a long time, finally letting out all their feelings together.