Noon

"Por favor" Camilo was begging at this point

"Oh, vamos, pequeño bebé. Puedes hacerlo por ti mismo" Julieta replied with an eye roll

"But you know I don't like slimy stuff!" Camilo complained to his aunt

After cooking for the longest time (Camilo absolutely refused that the meal be short from perfect), Julieta told her nephew to wash the dishes from breakfast while she plated everything.

"Vamos. Lo hago todo el tiempo. Crecer." She replied without sparing him another glance. She was pouring the soup into a fancy serving bowl carefully measuring out each spoon. Camilo knew it was her slight OCD peeking out(yet another weird headcanon I came up with one day when I was bored), but it kept making him nervous. He had no idea why, it just did.

Closing his eyes tight, Camilo dipped his hand into the brown water. It felt exactly like he expected it to; gross. (Y'all don't understand how much I relate to this) Shoving his hand in quickly, he grabbed the rice clogging the drain. He could hear the water rushing down.

He went back to washing the dishes, hyper-aware of the fact that the water level wasn't changing.

"¿Me estás tomando el pelo? ¡Haz bien tu trabajo!"Camilo winced as soon as she spoke

"¡Pero tía, no quiero!"Camilo whined

Julieta promptly plonked her hand right into the dirty muck water, somehow grabbing all the food in the drain before throwing it in the trash can.

"I don't know how you do it" Camilo muttered, but he dutifully finished washing the dishes

Finally, he washed his hands and put each plate symmetrically onto the table.

"Isabela your ex is here! Time for dinner!" He called out

Isabella groaned from the top of the stairs

"You will NEVER stop holding that above me, will you?"

The rest of the family strolled down the stairs, and suddenly Camilo was hit with a sudden wave of anxiety

What was he thinking?