Morning

Everyone

Camilo could have sworn it was echoing off the walls. All the Madrigals were frozen, staring at Camilo.

"Camilo-" Abuela started, then chaos erupted

It was snowing, almost as if they were in a blizzard. Isabella started crying, walking backward. She tripped over someone's foot and fell. Julieta helped her up and took her to the kitchen, still crying. Bruno looked shocked. Felix took Dolores and Antonio up the stairs, shooting Camilo a sympathetic look. Luisa looked disappointed.

Worst of all, Mirabel was yelling.

At him

He could barely hear a thing. Abuela pulled Mirabel away slightly, and Camilo relaxed enough to be able to hear them.

"CAMILO, WE JUST GOT RID OF THE SYSTEM OF EXPECTATIONS! IT'S LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO BRING BACK ALL THE STRESS ON EVERYONE. WE WERE DOING AMAZING BEFORE YOU WENT AHEAD AND RUINED EVERYTHING"

Mirabel was yelling over Abuela, who was trying to calm her down.

Mirabel was having none of it. She just couldn't understand why he would bring back the... There was no soft way to put it. The pain before Casita was rebuilt. Tears pricked her eyes, but she wouldn't let them fall. He had to understand what he'd done was wrong.

"ISABELA IS CRYING NOW. ANTIONIO AS IN HIS ROOM, SCARED OUT OF HIS MIND. DOLORES HAS A HEADACHE. WHY, CAMILO, WHY?"

"MIRABEL"

Mirabel stopped. Abuela gave her a stern look, before dragging her away.

The only ones left were Bruno and Luisa. Camilo slid to the floor, not caring who was watching.

It couldn't get worse than that.

"Camilo..." Luisa looked like she was contemplating telling him something

"Cami, I understand you probably felt like you weren't doing enoug-"

Camilo let out a dry chuckle.

"Had I ever done enough?"

"But," Luisa continued "We don't need another me in the family. We're working to fix the problem, together do you understand" She said the last part softly, as if afraid to come off as mean.

Camilo sighed and curled up against the wall, but he nodded

Luisa left quietly after that. 

"I suppose you're here to lecture me too"

"Naw, kid" Bruno said, almost solemnly.

Then the dam broke.

It was all Camilo could do to keep breathing regularly, let alone stop crying, so he did.

All Brune did was hug him, no questions asked. Camilo was thankful for that, but he knew there was a catch.

It was just a game of waiting till it came into play.

Change- Camilo Madrigal {angst}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें