Morning

8 days. Camilo had been pretending to be everyone for 8 days. It was at the breakfast table where everything fell apart.

"Luisa, I know I needed your help yesterday, and that you usually get a little more time, but one of the villagers accidentally rolled a boulder near the cliff, and the villagers are worried that it'll fall onto the town"

Camilo stiffened.

Oh god no-

Luisa raised an eyebrow

"I mean, sure, but I didn't help you yesterday. Are you sure it was me?"

Dolores gave him the side-eye.

Oh god please no-

"Yeah" Abuela replied, furrowing her eyebrows.

Slowly, everyone at the table turned toward him.

"Heh- I gotta go! See you later!" Camilo managed before getting off his chair, walking to the doorway.

"Camilo" Something about Mirabel's tone made him freeze.

Slowly, he turned around.

"Y-yeah?" he asked meekly

Oh god, why did you stutter, you absolute idiot, now look what you've done-

"That was you, wasn't it?" she stood up, making her way toward him.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about!" he could feel the family's disapproving stares, even though he was looking at Mirabel.

"Camilo" He was backing away now, starting to get scared of the look in Mirabel's eyes(just so this makes sense, she's low-key pitying him, but he doesn't actually know that, so that's that...)

"I-"

She was walking toward him faster now.

"Camilo, how many times-"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" he shouted it, like that would convince them.

"CAMILO! HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?" He was against the wall now.

He sagged

"8 days"

Everyone gasped

"Wait" Abuela got up now, too

"I hadn't asked Luisa for anything but twice this week"

everyone got up now, almost as if controlled by someone(plot twist I'm controlling them all MWAHAHAHAHAAAA)

They crowded around him, and Camilo could feel his claustrophobia clicking in (my headcanon, just felt like adding this here)

Abuela asked if he'd been pretending to be anyone else, but she sounded underwater.

In a desperate attempt to get his ears to work, he shouted out an answer.

Sadly, it was the truth

"Everyone"