Stop Digging, While You Still Can

Win felt oddly warm and content the next morning as her mind gently rolled into consciousness. Her bed in the TARDIS had always been warm and comfy, but this was different. There was something large wrapped around her like a huggable heater. Win's eyes slowly blinked open and it took a second for her to register the sight before her. A grin grew on her lips.

The Doctor lay passed out next to her with his arms loosely coiled around her. He looked so peaceful while he slept, as though the worries and memories that plagued him during the waking hours were a million miles away. She remembered what had happened last night; she'd had a nightmare, and he'd come to her rescue. Honestly she'd half expected him to leave halfway through the night and seat himself in a chair next to the bed. So it was a pleasant surprise to find he was still there and still asleep.

Humming softly to herself, Win snuggled back into his chest and let her eyes slide closed once more. The Time Lord really was comfy. Sadly, only a few minutes later, the Doctor began to stir. His arms tightened around her slightly before freezing, eyes flying open in shock. Gaze immediately landing on the white haired woman who was huddled up in his arms and a fiery blush blazed across his face.

"Good morning Doctor." Win murmured to him sleepily. The Doctor blinked.

"Triah?" His voice was ruff from sleep and full of confusion. At first he didn't remember what had happened before falling asleep, but the memory was gradually playing out in his head.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked him, not moving her head from where it rested on his chest. Enjoying the sound of the rhythmic beating of his hearts in her ears. The Doctor blinked again as he realized that, for the first time since the war, he'd slept without a single nightmare or horrifying memory.

"Yeah..." He breathed out shakily, still nervous and a little embarrassed about the current situation. He wasn't used to waking up and having someone lying next to him.

"Good." Win mumbled, releasing a sigh that made the Doctor realize she had every intention of going right back to sleep.

"Triah, we should get up." He told her gently, reaching up to gently pat her shoulder so she wouldn't drift off.

"Noooo." Win whined. "So comfy." The last bit was barely audible, but being as close as they were, the Doctor heard it.

"Triah." The Doctor sighed in mock exasperation, but a smile was tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Five more minutes?" Win begged childishly, making the Doctor chuckle.

"Fine, five more minutes. But then we're both getting out of this bed. I don't like the idea of Adam wandering around unsupervised." He muttered the last bit mostly to himself. Win sighed but nodded, understanding and agreeing with him. Adam was self possessed, he would most definitely try to take advantage of anything he could get his hands on.

The couple remained laying under the covers contentedly for exactly five more minutes. Down to the second. Then the Doctor was throwing back the blankets, despite Win's avid protests, and dragging his girlfriend off the plush mattress. His mind whirled at that thought, he was still getting used to calling her his girlfriend, even in his head. The term was forien to him, but the Doctor found himself grinning at it.

"Go get yourself dressed, I'll see you in the kitchen." The Doctor told her pointedly, trying to pry Win's arms from where they were latched tightly around his torso. She pouted up at him and he couldn't help but find the look absolutely adorable. Her white hair was messed up and sticking in every possible direction, allowing him to see both of her eyes at the same time.

"Fiiiiine." Win huffed, reluctantly letting go of the Time Lord, immediately missing the natural warmth he gave off. The Doctor just smiled and shook his head at her before leaving her to her business. Returning to his own sparsely used bedroom for a change of clothes.