Can't Take The Heat?

*Earth Death in ten minutes.*

"And the temperatures about to rocket, come on!" The Doctor grabbed Win's and and they raced out of the room, Jabe hurrying after them.

*Earth Death in ten minutes.* Win growled, wishing the computer voice would just stop. It was beginning to grate on her nerves. They ran for the Stewards office, only to find the little blue staff crowding the door and a haze of smoke in the air.

"Stand back, let me through." The Doctor told them heading for the control panel next to the closed door. He soniced it and pushed a number of buttons.

*Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising.* The computer announced as the light streaming through the fogged windows dimmed. Jabe held her hand to her mouth.

"Is the Steward in there?!" She asked. The Doctor nodded grimly.

"You can smell him." Win's stomach flipped. "Hold on, there's another sun filter programmed to descend!" He turned and raced off down the hall, Win right behind him. They came to a door that was closed, but they could hear someone pounding on it. The Doctor was immediately at the panel and working at it.

"Anyone in there?!" Win called through the door.

"Let me out!!" Rose's voice screamed back. Win went pale as her eyes widened in horror.

"Rose!!" She gasped.

"Oh, well it would be you!" The Doctor huffed as he worked.

"Open the door!" Rose screeched in reply.

"Hold on, give us two ticks!" Win turned to the Doctor frantically.

"Doctor, get her out of there now!!" Win growled, hearing the computer saying the sun filter was descending. The Doctor grit his teeth and soniced the panel again.

*Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising.* Win sighed in relief. *Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending.*

"Doctor!!"

"Stop yelling at me, the computer's getting clever!" The Doctor said back at the panicking white haired woman.

"Stop mucking about!" Rose yelled at him and he huffed again.

"I'm not mucking about, it's fighting back!"

"Then do something clever back!" Win growled at him glaring up at the ceiling as the computer continued to announce the descent of the sun filter. Gritting his teeth the Doctor ripped the keypad out of the panel and shoved his sonic screwdriver into the wires and circuits underneath.

*Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising.*

"The whole thing's jammed, lock's melted. I can't get the doors open!" The Doctor told them.

"It's not going to start lowering the filter again?" Win questioned.

"No, locked it in place. Rose stay there, don't move." He called through the door before reaching for Win's hand.

"Where am I going to go? Ipswich!!?" Rose yelled back as they ran off to the main room to confront the rest of the guests. Jabe was already trying to explain what was happening.

"Summon the Steward!" One alien demanded as the two walked up to Jabe who sighed.

"I'm afraid the Steward's dead." She told them and everyone gasped.

"Who killed him?!" Someone asked, but Cassandra, our resident skin on a frame, spoke over anyone else who would have said anything else.

"This whole event was sponsored by the Face of Boe! He invited us! Talk to the Face, talk to the Face!" She screeched. Win scowled at her.