Trouble Keeping Time

Win hummed softly to herself as she worked in the kitchen the next morning. She'd spent hours with the Doctor last night just talking about anything and everything. They'd moved away from the heavy topic of the Time War and onto more random things. The Doctor had taken an interest in what Win did for a living, and she had no problem with telling him about the books she'd written and illustrated or about her old job as a psychic.

"Morning Win." Rose yawned as she shuffled into the spacious kitchen, still wearing her fluffy pink night clothes. Win smiled at her over her shoulder before returning her attention to the crepes she was making.

"Good morning Rose." Rose tilted her head at her friend curiously.

"You're rather chipper this morning, did you and the Doctor make up?" Rose followed her nose over to where Win was, peeking over the taller woman's shoulder, and staring down at the frying crepes hungrily. Win smirked at her.

"Yup," She popped the 'p.' "We did a lot of talking last night, and will you stop drooling on my shoulder!" Win groaned, shrugging the blonde off, causing Rose to pout childishly.

"I don't drool!" Win's smirk widened further.

"When it comes to my cooking, yes, you do." She countered and Rose groaned in defeat.

"How can one not drool over your cooking though?! It's the food of the heavens!" Rose proclaimed dramatically, flailing her arms around as she did. Huffing out a short laugh, Win rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"That's only because I pay close attention to what I'm doing, unlike someone else in this room." Win pointed out, throwing Rose another smirk. Rose rolled her eyes at her friend.

"I've seen you reading or writing while you're cooking, and still it comes out perfect!" Rose huffed.

"That, my dear Rosie," Win held up a finger. "Is called multitasking. Something you have yet to master." The white haired woman teases as she removed the finished crepe from the pan and readied the next one. Rose groaned again, flopping down in a chair at the kitchen table.

"So, what did you and the Doctor talk about last night?" Rose decided to change the topic. Win hummed quietly to herself.

"Wouldn't you like to know!" She sang. Before Rose could begin her pestering for answers, the Doctor ganders into the kitchen with a smile on his face.

"Uh oh, someone looks happy." Win smiled at him and he laughed lightly.

"Am I not allowed to be happy?" He asked in mock hurt. Win and Rose snickered.

"No! It is forbidden!" Win announced, twisting her face into an exaggerated scowl. "There shall be no smiling in my presence! None! None!" She paused to look at her friends who were struggling to hold in their laughter. Win's eyes narrowed.

"Do you defy me with this?! Wipe those grins from your faces! Stop it this instant! You curse my ears with your laughter!" This sent all three into a fit of laughter that lit up the room and reverberated in the air. The TARDIS hummed merrily, glad her Pilot and his companions were getting along well. Win lifted the last crepe from the pan, setting it atop a tall stack on a large plate.

"Well, I hope you're hungry 'cause I made plenty of crepes for the three of us." She hummed as she brought the plate to the table, which was already set and ready. The Doctor pulled out the chair for Win as she went to sit down. Surprising her slightly, but she smiled and thanked him anyway. It didn't take long before all the crepes were gone and the three sat back in satisfaction.

"Those have to be the best crepes I've ever eaten." The Doctor sighed before turning and giving Win a slight look of questioning. "If you can cook this well, why didn't you go into culinary?" He wondered. Shrugging, Win began to clear the table.