Though My Skies Are Turning Gray

If you don't like Johnlock I would advise you quit reading this story. Johnlock is my OTP and therefore in this story the relationship is already established. Sorry if you don't like it, but I do soooo :P

ANDYWAY ONWARDS WITH THE STORY

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John walked into his flat to find it a mess. Now if this would've been a year ago he would of expected nothing less. But ever since Sherlock died his flat had remained reasonably clean. He found Addison among the mess, going over case facts and muttering to herself.

"What are you doing, Addie?" John asked as he knelt down beside her.

"Pushing down the rising panic to try and help Lestrade and I think I know whose done it!" Addison jumped to her feet and grinned.

"Addie you know how your father felt about you and crime scenes ever since well..." Addison sighed.

"I saw my father jump off a building and I saw him lying on the ground. Bloody and dead. I've been tortured an-" She cut herself off before she said something that would make John fuss. She sighed.

"Im a big girl. I can handle it."

She pulled on her coat, and looked to John, "Do you want to go?"

"Of course."

Addison had turned out to be right of course. How could she not, she'd seen her father handle cases seen him solve them. He'd been doing it for the last five years. Afterwards she and John stopped and picked up some flowers to put on Sherlock's grave and they walked up to his grave and placed the flowers there.

"John, do you ever come here just because it's almost like you can sense him and it's rather comforting?"

"Yes. That's exactly how I feel here," he sighed, "we ought to be getting home."

The pair walked home, and for once Addison didn't feel sad she felt rather light spirited. John tucked her into bed and kissed her goodnight and she easily fell asleep.

But in her dreams she was haunted by Dawson. And she could feel every single thing he'd done. And she screamed for Sherlock and she screamed for John and Mycroft and anyone. But then Dawson was gone, replaced with Moriarty's men who were holding her on the building opposite. And she watched as her father went tumbling off the side of the building. She screamed for him again.

He couldn't hear her.

John ran into Addison's bedroom when the screaming began and tried to wake her. Nothing was working but finally her eyes popped open and she began to cry. It wasn't just crying though, it was sobbing.

"Addie, darling, what's wrong?" John asked as he tucked the girl into his arms.

She couldn't even choke out a response. She was hicupping and John rocked them back and forth slowly and hummed and soon she was asleep again and this time no nightmares plagued her dreams.

***

"We should kidnap her now." Jim said as he watched the teenager walk to school. Alone.

"I think we ought to wait for Sherlock to come back." One of Jim's many "assistants" stated.

"Oh what do you know? Nothing!" Jim said with a slight smile. Mark sighed.

Jim knew he'd need to kidnap her soon if his plan was to work. This time there would be no faults. No jumping through hoops, or off buildings. Mark would kill one of the Holmes. There would be one less problem for him. He chuckled darkly.