How This World Turns Cold

Sherlock put Addison in a taxi for school the next day. He'd become a bit overprotective after being told about Dawson, so he insisted he ride with her. She was to be blunt, humiliated. She quickly ran out of the car only to forget her book and have Sherlock call for her in his mother voice. She blushed as everyone turned and then the comments began.

"Your father faked his death? Obviously he could fake his entire career."

"Why did your father even bother coming back?"

"Did he leave to stop being gay?"

Harmony watched as all these people attacked Addison viciously with their words and harsh shoves. Addison allowed it all to happen and simply brushed herself off, figuratively and literally, and carried on. She was used to it by now.

At lunch Addison was confined to the building because it had began to rain. She sat near the large window in the cafeteria and red her book. Harmony bounced over to her, with a friend in tow, and sat next to her. Addison didn't even glance at her.

"Hiya Addie!" Addison looked up quickly. How had this girl known that was her nickname, Addison asked herself.

"How did you-" She stopped herself when she saw her was next to the girl Of course.

"Mathew Lestrade." Addison said quirking up her eyebrow. Mathew chuckled.

"Long time no see, Holmes." Addison's lips twitched and she smiled shyly.

"You two already know each other?" Harmony asked with a smile.

"Our father's used to work together." Addison explained.

"Oh Addison, that's cool! Your dad is a detective as well?" Addison bit her lip and turned back to her book.

"He's a consulting detective, Harm." Mathew explained.

Addison didn't like having two people trying to befriend her. Mathew had, on several occasions, attempted to ask her on a date. She'd said no every time. John had joked with her about it, but Sherlock never once commented on it. He knew Addison wasn't capable of being in a relationship because everyone she loved left her alone.

"Addison?" She looked up.

"Did you hear what I said?" Harmony asked.

"No." Addison mumbled.

"I said my mum wants to have my friends and their family's over for dinner. Would you and your family come?" Addison frowned.

"Why would I? We aren't friends." Harmony's face fell.

"Oh, uhm okay. I'm going to the loo." Harmony rushed off. Mathew sighed and took up Harmony's now vacated seat next to Addison.

"Why won't you be friends with her? She thinks you're lonely." Addison sat her book down, she obviously wasn't going to get any reading done.

"What do I need friends for?" Addison asked slowly.

"To talk to when you're sad."

"I have a dad, and I rarely get sad." Addison said smoothly.

"That's a lie, Addison. You're one of the saddest and lonliest people I know. I mean even your dad has John." Addison turned away.

"I don't need to rely on people who can leave me whenever they very well please." Addison froze after she'd said it, she hadn't exactly meant to.

"Its because your mum died isn't it." Addison blinked rapidly and stood up, abandoning her book, and ran to the toilets.

The rest of the day she didn't exactly participate in. She had snuck out to sit on the football field. She was having an episode and she wanted it to stop before her dad come to collect her. She sighed finally and sent a text to John. She recieved a phone call moments later.

"Addison, repeat after me. I am Addison Holmes. I am 15. My father is Sherlock Holmes. My mo-" She cut him off.

"Is dead." Addison whimpered.

"I'm coming to your school and taking you home." John said.

"John that's rea-" Before she could finish he'd already hung up. She sighed and walked into her next class and sat down.

"Addison, John is here for you." Her teacher said as she was sitting down. Addison nodded and got her things and walked to the office. She and John decided to walk home. He wanted to talk to her anyway.

"What's been going on lately?" John asked.

"There's this girl at school and she keeps trying to befriend me no matter how mean I am."

"Well why don't you want to be her friend?" John asked furrowing his brow.

"I don't want her to leave." John didn't know what to say back. So he paused for a moment.

"Well you have to just trust that she won't."

"I can't though." Addison mumbled.

John sighed sadly. Addison had been through a lot in her 15 years, she's lost the two most important people in her life. John thought perhaps seeing a therapist may actually do Addison a bit of good, he'd talk to Sherlock about it later.

He stopped and got himself some tea and Addison some hot chocolate at a cafe near the clinic.

"We're going to the hospital?" Addison asked frowning.

"You'll only be there an hour, my shift was almost over when you texted me."

"I'm sorry." Addison whispered.

John sighed and patted her shoulder. He sat her in his office with a book, she always seemed to be carrying books, and finished the remainder of his appointments. Then he and Addison took a cab back to 221B. The two walked upstairs in high spirits that is until they reached the top of the stairs and Addison dropped the cup she was holding and screamed bloody murder.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is short.

I will most likely write the next chapter tomorrow.

I love comments.

Leave some.

Bye.

xo

Momma Duck

A Tin Man's Heart (A BBC Sherlock Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें