Days Grow Longer and Nights Grow Shorter

The next morning when Addison woke up, Sherlock was gone. She picked up her mobile, he'd sent her a text.

'You're safer here, don't come to the flat without calling. SH'

Of course he'd dump her on Mycroft. She was just in the way afterall. She sighed and pulled the blankets over her head and screamed into her pillow. He must be the most infuriating man she'd ever known. She sighed and got up. She took a shower and pulled on her school uniform. When she got downstairs Sandra, her uncle's maid, was standing in the kitchen making tea and toast.

"Hungry, Miss Holmes?"

"It's Addison, Sandra and no thank you. I'll just have the tea."

Addison walked to school everyday, well everyday since her dad's fake death. After that she liked being alone with her thoughts. She also liked to take different routes but today she didn't have time. So she took the route everyone in her school took. She shoved two earbuds in her ears and tried not to brush against any humans.

However as she was walking a lot of people bumped her and called her names and glowered at her. She just kind of ignored them. They were stupid and therefore didn't really matter much to her. As she was changing the song she was listening to she ran right into someone else.

Addison's eyes widened and she mumbled sorry before running into the school building and getting her books from her locker. She got shoved and bumped into in the hall and when she finally made it to English she was relieved. She sat down in her seat and sighed in relief.

School was easy, she excelled in all her classes. So school was almost kind of relaxing. She even often did extra homework just for something to keep her occupied.

At lunch she went outside and sat in the courtyard. It was reasonably warm today so it was almost pleasant. Addison took out her book and emersed herself into the world of Percy Jackson and didn't notice the person sitting next to her until they cleared their throat. She looked up to find a blonde haired girl looking at her curiously.

"Can I help you?" Addison asked as her eyes scanned over the girl, who was obviously new.

"I'm new here."

"Oh, well I'm the laughing stock I'd suggest befriending them," she gestured toward a group of people who were generally misfits but strongly disliked Addison for pointing out different problems they were having, including the ones they made up.

"They'll be friends with anyone." Addison said and turned back to her book.

"Why do you sit all alone?"

"Why don't you listen to what you're told?" Addison fired back.

"They called you a freak." Addison shrugged.

"I'm an introvert whose dad is a genius. I don't have friends, I have people I dislike that's it."

"Do you dislike me?"

"Yes."

"You barely know me." Addison chuckled slightly and turned back to her book.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

"I know more than you know. Now scurry off, don't want to catch my germs."

"My name is Harmony."

"Mmm, I don't care."

Addison tired her hardest to ignore Harmony's aimless chatter but it was so difficult. She could talk for ten minutes about practically nothing. Addison sighed heavily finally and laid her book down.

"Listen Harmony I know a lot about you. I know your parents just got divorced. You moved here from Australia, that accent is much too thick to be English. I know you cut yourself and your mum blamed herself. Your dad was your best friend and you are angry with your mother for taking you out. I also know you won't leave because you think I'm lonely to be perfect honest I like being alone because then no one can ever leave or hurt you. Now go away."

Harmony stared at Addison for a moment before she got up slowly. Her eyes filled with tears and she ran off. The misfits were glaring at Addison but she didn't care. No one understood, no one cared. Addison needed to be alone. She didn't like to be hurt or left or disappointed. She didn't like feeling that way.

***

Jim Moriarty watched as Addison walked home, obviously skipping her last class of the day, she stopped and bought a canvas and paint and headed towards Mycroft's. Moriarty was intrigued and wished to know what the girl was up to. He'd find out eventually.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This chapter is so incredibly lame but I have to kill time!

Oooh badthing to say ahahaha

Andyway what would you guys like to see happen before the big thing happens?

Leave a comment and I'm pretty sure I could probably do it!

And tell your friends about this story!

We need more readers

Also I still really want to do some sort of poem/one-shot conest so yeah!

Much love Ducklings,

Momma Duck! xx