I'll Find Deep Inside Me

"I will." Jim had replied calmly when Addison had asked for him to fix it.

Addison knew she should hate Jim. He killed her father, technically. She could be afraid. He was a criminal matermind, not to mention a psychopath. She wasn't. She watched him, just as she would anyone else, and read him. He was a bit of a challenge but in the end, she realized, it was easy.

Jim Moriarty seemed to ooze confidence. He was sure of himself. So sure of himself infact that he was unsure of himself. Addison could see it in the way he did things. Delibrate so sure of himself, but he always had backup, so unsure at least partly.

There was something else. Darkness in his eyes, and most likely in his mind. There was something, Addison couldn't place her finger on it, that was familiar. Something she'd seen on her father, and then it clicked. The eyes, the clever and sad eyes were hauntingly similar to Sherlock's. Not in color but the emotion lingering in the pools.

"What do you see?" Jim asked Addison turning to her. His words were slow and thought out. He'd been considering them for awhile.

"I see you, Jim. I see confidence but insecurities. I see cleverness but I also see sadness. I see you, but do you see yourself?" Addison asked finally.

Jim become frozen it would seem, finally he spoke. "I see myself as you see me. Why are you not frightened?"

"You won't harm me, not yet atleast." Addison clarified.

"Very good." He praised.

Jim glanced at Addison actually looking at her. He'd seen her a few times, never close enough to notice things. Like the way she had her arms folded suggested she was self concious, although aren't most teenagers, Jim thought. She looked straight out the window, her gaze didn't flicker. She wasn't thinking though. She was memorizing.

Addison was short, taking after her mother. She was very pale and had red hair. Her eyes were a dark shade of blue and they were clever and full of not sadness but curiosity. Jim noticed an air of defiance surrounding Addison which led him to believe she didn't listen very well.

Without looking at him she asking him, almost mockingly, "What do you see?"

"I see a sad and lonely girl, a scared a girl. A clever girl. I am curious what do you see looking back at you in the mirror?" Jim asked slowly.

"A monster."

***

Sherlock was panicked, but calm on the outside. This was worse than walking out of Lestrade's office to find the chair empty. This was 100 times worse, she was hidden from him by James Moriarty of all people. He paced in his flat where Mycroft was sitting relaying information.

"He just left with him? Of her own free will?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes, Sherlock." Mycroft said with a sigh.

"Why would she do that?" John asked glancing between the two Holmes.

"She wanted an escape." Sherlock said stopping abruptly in his pacing.

"From?" John asked.

"From the sadness. She wouldn't kill herself, so she would run away. Jim showed up right when she was at the end of her rope, to rescue her." Sherlock sank down onto the couch.

Sherlock wished with all his heart he wouldn't have faked his death. He wished she wouldn't have been forced to watch. Sherlock's brain was hard at work conjuring up how different things would be had he hadn't jumped, but there was always a chance she might not be here at all. Sherlock felt a hand on his back and looked up at Mycroft.