Chapter Three

Question of the chapter:
Favorite book?
Mine's From Blood and Ash

Xander's POV

My brothers and I are waiting impatiently outside the bedroom door while our mate is getting an evaluation from the pack doctor. I think I'm ready to go inside that room and beat up that doctor for taking too long. I'm pretty sure my brothers are too, because they keep arguing. 

Axel is leaning stiffly against the wall and starts drumming his fingers on it. After a few moments, Xavier says, annoyed, "Stop it you dick," Axel only glares at him with a clenched jaw.
Fucking hell. Will they ever shut up and stop fighting?

The door opens and the doctor steps out.

"How is she, is she okay?" Asks Xavier, completely cutting off his arguing with Axel.

"It's not looking good. She should be okay, but it's clear that she's been through a lot. Internal bleeding, broken ribs, open wounds and recently closed ones. She also has scars from older injuries all over her body."

I clench my jaw, ready to murder the fucker that did this to my beauty.

Axel steps forward, "what the actual fuck?" It's obvious that he is about to get super worked up, so I grab his forearm and yank him roughly back, away from the doctor.

But she keeps talking, "There's something else..." She says hesitantly.

"What." Xavier demands.

"Her body shows signs of... sexual abuse..."

That motherfucker. Who the fuck did this to her? I will murder them. Dead. My wolf starts to take over, ready to go find that son of a bitch.

"Xander. No." Xavier says warningly

I push my wolf back down. He's right, no matter how angry I am, I need to stay here, with her.

Axel's fists are clenched. He drives one into the wall, making a large indent in the otherwise smooth surface.

We hear a sharp intake of breath from inside the room. Our wolves have heightened senses, so although it was quiet, we could still hear.

"One more thing before I go," The pack doctor says, "She does have a weak heart and respiratory system, even for a human. I wouldn't recommend any strenuous activities while she's injured,"

The doctor leaves, and we all barge into the bedroom.

Our angel is curled up on the far corner of the bed, eyes wide, looking absolutely terrified.

Damn is she hot, even when she's scared. Her petite frame is so tiny, it's adorable. I just want to tuck her up into my arms and never let her go. Of course, that's not the only thing I want to do to her. Her big, doe eyes and slightly parted lips are turning me on. My jeans are feeling too small. My wolf is yearning to mate with her, but I know I can't. At least, not while she's hurt. I don't know how much longer I can control him. He can get pretty persistent when he's horny.

'I'm taking a cold shower,' I mind-link my brothers.

They barely glance up, their gazes fixed on our mate.

I force my eyes away from her beautiful figure and walk out the door, closing it softly behind me.

Xavier's POV

I'm not surprised Xander had to go have a cold shower. Our mate is by far the most gorgeous being I've ever laid eyes on. She has long, dark brown hair which is tumbling all over her shoulders, surrounding her stunningly beautiful, delicate face. Her soft green eyes are framed by her lovely dark lashes. She's perfect. And delicate too. I know that we're going to have to be gentle with her, she's so fragile.

I'm seized by the urge to touch her perfect skin, hold her, stroke her hair. I want to know her name, her favorite color, favorite food. I want to know everything about her. I want to spoil her, give her everything she wants, make her happy. I want to show her my love for her.

Aalya's POV

A loud bang awakes me with a jolt.

I thought I was in the woods, running... but then I fell. Where am I now? I'm lying on a large bed, so soft it seems the mattress is made out of nothing more than feathers.

I'm wearing some random hoodie and tracksuit pants, which must be nearly a million sizes too big for me. The hoodie is down to my lower thigh, and my feet are completely submerged in fabric.

I lift up the thick material and expose my stomach. Someone must have bandaged it, because it's been securely wrapped in white medical cloth. Luckily, the pain has somewhat subsided, and only a dull ache remains.

All of a sudden, the door is banged open and I scramble over to the far corner of the bed, the blankets falling off of me. Despite my oversized clothes, I'm suddenly cold.

Three identical men step through the door, and just stand there staring at me. It seems like their eyes are boring into me. They look almost... hungry? I don't know. I've seen that look in Carter's eyes sometimes.

Nervousness eats at my insides. What are they going to do? They helped me, right? But they don't look very friendly.

Suddenly the one standing on the right turns on his heel and leaves, closing the door behind him.

Claustrophobia drops like a stone my stomach. Suddenly I'm hyper-aware of the dark colored walls, and the closed door. The air feels thicker on my skin, and I try to keep my breathing level.

They both start walking towards me at the same time. The bedroom is so large, it takes them a few seconds to walk across the room, over to the bed, and towards me.

I press myself back into the cushions at the headboard, bracing myself for a hit, a slap.

The one on my right raises a hand toward my face. I flinch and squeeze my eyes closed, expecting him to hit me.

But all I feel is a finger, his finger, gently brushing my cheek. Suddenly my claustrophobia, nervousness and sense of dread is lessened.

I stop squeezing my eyes shut so tightly, but keep them gently closed, slightly leaning into his touch. I quietly exhale through my nose. I don't know why, but their presence calms me.

All of a sudden, their hands are all over me, touching my hair, my face, my arms, my legs. I hug my knees tighter to my chest, glad my clothes are thick, and cover all of me. Although I feel comfortable around these strangers, I still don't know what they want.

I feel one of them tugging at the hem of the hoodie I'm wearing. My eyes snap open and I try to scramble away from them, but the one on my left wraps a strong, muscly arm around my waist and holds me still.

"It's okay baby, he's just going to check your bandages," He tells me in a gentle but husky voice. I look up at him, and my green eyes meet his brown ones. I quickly glance back down

"Wh-who are you?" I ask weakly.

"I'm Axel, this is my brother Xavier, and the one who walked out earlier is our eldest brother, Xander," He says to me, arm still wrapped around my waist. "You have a beautiful voice baby girl,"

My brows furrow slightly; why would a stranger be telling me he likes my voice?

"Th-thank you," I say, still slightly confused. "Wait... why are you helping me?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Because, you're our mate,"