Chapter Nine

Aalya's POV

There's four people in the living room. Talking, laughing.

Two of them are Axel and Xavier, sitting in armchairs opposite each other, facing the long couch. On the long couch there's a girl with long, dark brown hair, skin a deep umber. Xander walks me over to a third armchair and sits down, pulling me down onto his lap. I lean back onto his chest, looking over at the girl and the man sitting next to her. He has long-ish, shaggy black hair. 

"Hi!" Says the girl. She's talking to me, and my eyes widen. I'm not used to talking to new people. Xander's hand brushes my belly, a light reassurance that he's there. 

"H-hi," I reply. "I'm Aalya."

"I know. We were just talking about you! The alphas' mate!"

"Um, thanks?" It comes out more like a question. I'm not sure how to respond to her enthusiasm. 

"I'm Terema, and this is my mate Diallo." Diallo's eyes are a soft brown, a kindness in them that I haven't seen beyond Axel, Xander and Xavier. 

"Hi," I say quietly to Diallo. 

He smiles at me, nicely.

"Oh honey, ignore him. Come on, we're going shopping!" Terema jumps up and grabs my hand, pulling me off Xander. 

Axel's POV

Terema pulls Aalya out of Xander's lap, making Xander's brows furrow. She pulls Aalya out the door, most likely towards the shopping centre, and Aalya looks back at Xander one last time, bewildered. 

Xander chuckles at her. 

"Well, Alphas, I'd best be on my way," Diallo says, "Terema'll look after the luna." He walks out.

Diallo has been my beta for a while now, and he's good at his job. Perfectly loyal, and will always protect Aalya.

My mind goes back to the clothes she's wearing, and I turn to Xander.

"Xander, what the hell? Why would you let Aalya go out wearing that?" Most likely he let his dick do the thinking, as always.

Xanders brows furrow, realizing that since we find our mate so fucking hot, other unmated males will think so too.

"You're right." He says, "I'll go stop her, make her change."

"No, don't do that. You'll only embarrass her. Besides, if anyone looks at her, we'll kill them. They should know she's luna; that she's off limits." Xavier says. 

"Good point." Xander says, and I get up and going over to the kitchen for some coffee.

The kitchen is right next to the living room, so we keep talking. I try to ignore my boner at the memory of her perfect ass in those fucking shorts.

"I don't want her to go shopping." I hear Xander practically whine to Xavier. "I want to fuck her."

"Same." I say, "But we can't. We have to wait until she's better to do anything."

"Actually," Says Xander, "She sucked my cock,"

"WHAT," Xavier yells, jumping to his feet. "You're supposed to wait until she's better, you fucking horny bastard!" 

"You're just jealous." Xander replies coolly. "I also fucked her with my tongue. She's fucking hot."

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Xavier obviously is pissed, thinking that Xander should've waited.

"What the hell, Xander? It's for her own good, you know!" Xavier says.

I walk back into the living room with my coffee.