Chapter Four

Question of the chaper:
What sport/s do you play?

Axel's POV

Her button nose scrunches up and her eyebrows pull together into a confused frown. Adorable.

"Do you mean a soulmate?" She asks. I could literally listen to her voice all day long, even if she just talked nonsense.

"Kind of," I reply, " But it's also more than that. The moon goddess made us for each other,"

"Moon goddess?" She asks, confusion still written all across her face.

I subtly smelled her, inhaling her perfect soft lavender-and-rain scent.

Fucking perfect.

I mind-link Xavier, 'Should I tell her what we are?' 

'No!' He replies, 'It'll freak her out, and she's not well enough to be that scared yet!'

'But she's going to find out one day anyway. I'm gonna tell her,' Screw Xavier and his stupid ideas. His eyes flash up to mine in warning, but I ignore him.

"We're werewolves," I say, watching her delicate face closely.

"Really?" Her eyes are questioning, curious. God, those eyes. Grey and green and blue all mixed into a color so perfect it's giving me a boner. 

"Can you, um, show me?"

I was well and truly shocked. She wanted us to show her? That wasn't what I'd been expecting. 

"Sure, babygirl," My eyes move from hers to Xavier's. "Xavier, show her," I don't want to let go of her waist. Ever. Or stop playing with her hair. Ever. She's ours, after all. All of her.

And I can't wait until I can fuck that pussy of hers raw. Fucking hell. This boner just might be the most painful one I've ever had.

Aalya's POV

One of them wouldn't stop playing with my hair. Who knows why. It felt nice, though. He wasn't yanking or pulling like Carter did, but more lightly brushing his fingertips across it. It felt nice.

The other one, Xavier, got up and stood on the carpet next to the bed. His bones cracked horrendously and I squeeze my eyes shut. 

A few moments pass before the cracking noises stop, and then the one holding my waist taps my wrist. "You can open your eyes now, baby,"

My eyes open reluctantly, then widen when I see a wolf.

Standing on the bedroom floor.

"X-Xavier?" I say, somehow both afraid and not at the same time.

I hear Axel whine when I slip out of his grasp, standing of the floor in front of the wolf. Its, his, I should say, head comes right up to my shoulders. 

His nose nuzzles my belly, and I giggle softly, petting the top of his head. 

He... purrs? Huh. 

I go down onto my knees and scratch behind the fluffy ears. He sticks his nose into my neck, and I giggle again from his wet nose poking into my neck, but then wince when a sharp stab of pain rockets through my stomach.

Suddenly Axel is in front of me.  "Aalya, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine," I answer honestly. I've had worse than some cuts, even if they do hurt, like, a lot. 

"You want some breakfast, babygirl?" Axel says from behind me, his voice a lot closer than I expected. I stand up shakily, my legs still sore. I sway, and Axel wraps an arm around my waist, brows furrowing. 

"On second thought, Xavier'll bring you some food. You, young, lady, are getting back into bed,"

"Axelllll," I whine. "Bed is boring!" I want to go explore.

"Nope. No complaining. Besides, I'll stay with you, and we have a big television, see? We'll watch whatever you want," 

He picks me up and carries me over to the bed, settling me gently down with my back propped up against the pillows. 

"Okay, now tell Xavier what you want to eat." He says, getting into the bed next to me, shoving his head between my neck and shoulder. 

Why does he keep sniffing me? Maybe it's something to do with the mate thing. 

"Um, n-no thanks." I answer, "I ate a couple days ago, so I'm okay."

An unexpected chorus of cracking comes from Xavier, and I look over to see him back as a human, stark naked. I yelp, and cover my eyes. 

I realize that Axel's head is no longer in my neck. Huh. No more sniffing, I guess, not that I'm complaining. 

I feel someone's hands pull my fingers away from my eyes, to see Axel's angry face in front of mine. Xavier also looks angry, brows narrowed as he growled. 

My eyes dart back and forth between Axel and Xavier, and I scramble backward, across to the edge of the bed opposite them. I should have known that their kindness would only last so long. 

Tears gather in my eyes, and drip down my cheeks. I hold back a sob when Xavier stalks around the bed behind me, and I curl up in a ball, arms covering my face. 

"P-please n-no,' I whimper. 

"Angel-" Axel is cut off by the door banging open, revealing a tall, dark figure identical to the other two. Xander.