Chapter Fifteen

Aalya's POV

Five hours and fifteen bags of candy later, Terema and I both have a terrible Twilight movie marathon addiction and a stomach ache. 

A knock on the door rouses us from our heated discussion on whether or not Bella should have forgiven Jacob for kissing her. 

We get up from the couch, and I open the door. Axel walks in and gathers me up in his arms, burying his face in my hair. 

"Fuck, I hate being away from you," He says roughly, "Get out, Terema."

She leaves quickly, not wanting to disobey her Alphas. 

"Well, that was rude." I say to Axel, fiddling with his hair. 

"We have something to tell you, baby," He says, and my brows furrow. "Come sit."

We walk over to the couch and Xander pulls me into his lap, raging erection presses against my butt. He buries his face in my neck, softly nipping the skin there. 

"Wait, Xander," As much as I love the feeling of his lips against my skin, I need to know what's going on. "What do you need to tell me?"

Xavier sighs from the armchair next to me. "The Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack just came to inform us of a meeting this evening that all the Alphas and their mates will have to attend."

I shrink into Xander.

"Baby girl, we know you get nervous around new people," He says, "But we'll be with you the whole time. I swear to you, little mate."

I sigh. I know the whole Alpha thing is important to them, so even if it means some discomfort on my part, I'm willing to do it. For them. 

"Okay," I whisper, "I'll go."

Xander kisses me on the mouth, brushing his tongue over my bottom lip. "Thanks baby."

Three hours later I'm standing in front of the expensive-looking dresser in my, our, room. The gold-rimmed mirror in front of the dresser reflects my small heart-shaped face, and the towel on top of my head. 

I dial Terema's number on the phone that Xavier brought home for me. 

"Aalya! Girl, you need me? I'm heading over right the hell now!" She basically yells into the phone, so I resort to holding a few inches away from my ear. 

"Yes yes. I need you to help me get ready for this party-meeting Alpha thing. Please Terema?"

I'm ready to plead some more due to my hopelessness at makeup and hair but she squeals and immediately agrees. "Be over in five minutes!" She shouts, panting, as if she's been running. I hear her car door slam and the engine rev through the phone. 

I giggle at her antics.

"See you soon!" She says, hanging up. 

Two hours later and Terema is just about finished straightening my hair. Normally it lays flat down my back anyways, but using a straightener tends to keep it tame for longer.

My makeup consists of a little kohl around my eyes and lashes, and a soft pink on my lips. Terema orchestrated this masterfully while saying that I'm 'too pretty for more makeup.'

I jump up from the chair and throw my arms around her. 

"You're the best, Terema," I say quietly.

"Aw, you're too cute. And no worries. I hope the party goes well."

"Yeah, me too. It's more like a meeting, I think, where everyone gets dressed up." I sigh, "I don't even really want to go, but oh well."

Terema pats my head like I'm a puppy. The thought makes me giggle.

"What?" She asks, smiling. 

"I'm not a kitten, you know." I say, still laughing. 

She laughs too. "You're cute like one, though."

I blush, then laugh again.

I just know I'm glad to have a friend like her. 

"Okay. Time to get dressed." She says, holding up a dusky pink knee-length dress, covered in sparkling embroidery. The elbow length sleeves are puffy and half see-through.

I squeal childishly. "Terema, I love it! Thank you!"

She smiles. "No worries. Come on, let's get this on."

Once we've put it on, I can't stop staring at myself in the mirror. "Terema, you're amazing. A true magician."

"Oh hush, It's all you, darling."

"Fuck, baby, could you get any hotter?" Xander's voice interrupts Terema and I

I blush at his words, looking down at my heeled pink shoes. 

"Well

"Well... I'll see you later, then, Aalya," Terema's cheerful voice is sly as she looks between Xan and I. She slinks out the door.

"You look fucking stunning, little mate. Ready to go?" Xander asks, grabbing my hand.

"Th-thanks. Um, yeah, I think I'm ready."

He walks downstairs with me, and Axel and Xavier are waiting at the bottom. 
A raspy growl leaves Xavier's throat when he looks at me. His eyes trail down and up my figure, as if memorizing it. 

Axel is staring unabashedly at my chest, eyes slowly trailing up to my face. "Baby. As much as I love this dress, I think I'd like to take it off."

I scrunch up my nose. "But you just said you love it!" I complain. I don't wanna take off the dress! I only just put it on!

"I do, baby. So much that my wolf won't shut up about marking you."

My eyes widen, and I toe the floor. "Oh." I say, not sure what to do. 

Xander chuckles from behind me. "So innocent." He murmurs, but I catch it. 

Axel takes my hand. "Time to go, little mate."