𝟏𝟑 -- 𝐏𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐞

Peter's POV

I shoot my web on Ana's falling body. I started to tear up but I don't want to think about her leaving me too, leaving this world. The web is too long it might not work. There's a pipe I'm seeing, it was coming closer and closer. It might work too. I grabbed onto the pipe as Ana's body reached the ground. I panted heavily. I let go of my grip on the pipe I'm holding onto and jumped down.

My feet landed on the ground as I eyed Ana's body while I take off my mask. She was unconscious. My eyes began forming tears as I argue to myself that it was not what I think. I approached her body and cut off the web to carry her as I sat on the floor.

I shook her body but it didn't respond. "Ana?" I said as my voice cracked. I said her name again and again, but it was a fail. She still didn't respond, her body wasn't moving, at all. Tears started coming out of my eyes uncontrolled. I cupped her cheeks. This can't be, this isn't real, she's not dead. 

I continued waking her up but she didn't budge a little bit. I screamed my lungs out as if sending a message to God that can make Ana wake up. After I screamed, I continued staring at her peaceful face remembering all the beautiful moments I had with her. As I did that, I stopped as I realized something.

--

"As it describes its genre. It really is creepy --- and have disturbing deaths." Ana replied. As she finished picking up dirty plates, she glanced over at me again. "And speaking of the deaths. I noticed some of the movies either horror or some dramas I've watched when the character died and comes back to life again --- then the protagonist gets surprised by the sudden appearance of the character that died." She walked towards the door, I opened the door for her but she stopped, instead she eyed me and continued talking. "My point is that they should've checked the pulse first before crying your eyes out." Then after she said that, Isheresumed walking down the stairs as I trailed behind her.

"Oh, yeah. I remember that humans have a pulse under their jaw and wrist. We didn't I thought of that while watching the movie?" I told her.

"See? That's what I'm talking about." We got downstairs and put the plates in the sink as Ana washed them.

--

I bewilderedly search for a pulse. I placed my index and middle finger underneath her jaw, I stayed still as I waited for a pump. I calmly breathe as I waited, I pressed my fingers a little bit harder. 

I felt fireworks inside my chest as I felt a pulse beginning to pump under her jaw. I removed my fingers on her jaw and hugged her happily. If earlier I was crying because of pure sadness, now I'm crying because of pure joy. I can't scream how happy I am yet, I don't want to celebrate because I'm still not sure about it. But I'm just happy that she haves a pulse. "Thank you, God. Thank you." I said as I heard police sirens and medics outside the building.

__________

Anastasia's POV

I started to hear beats of a machine, beats my familiar of. I slowly opened my eyes to see bright lights, I adjusted my vision as it gets more clearer than before. I examined the room I'm in, I'm inside a hospital room.

I turned my head at the beating machine, I raised my hands to see there was a clip on my finger, meaning the heartbeat from the monitor was coming from me. There was also dextrose that was attached to my forearm. I moved a little bit on the bed until my other hand his something furry.

I glanced at the other side of me seeing Peter sleeping there with his head on the bed while he was sitting on a chair beside my bed. I sat up from my bed so I can get a clear view of Peter's peaceful face while sleeping. I placed my hand gently on top of his head and played with his hair, I smiled as he responded to my touch. He moved his head a little bit closer as if asking to play with his hair more. 

Then, later on, his eyes shot wide open. He grabs my wrist as he lifted his head upwards and look at my hand. I laughed at his reaction causing him to look. "Oh my god." He stood up and went closer to hug me. I groaned a little as he pulled away to look at me. I touched my head as there was a bandage around it. "Just wait here, I'm just going to call a doctor." I nodded while he rush outside and called for a doctor.

--

"Just call me when you need me." The doctor said and exited my hospital room. Peter sat beside me on the bed. I sat up as he helped me.

"What time is it?" I asked as I tiredly looked at him. He take a look from his phone and looked back at me.

"10 in the morning."

"Perfect." He looked at me questioningly. "Could you do me a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Could you open up the curtains?" He stood up and opened up the curtains in the window. "Then turn off the lights." He walked towards where the light switch was. As he turned it off, I was mesmerized by the scenery, it was the buildings of New York, cars were driving by. "Beautiful." I said while smiling as I felt Peter sit in front of me in the bed.

"When I'm with you, I feel like I am the strongest man on earth. I'm undefeatable and tireless. Oh, Ana, I'm full of adoration and inspiration. You are the only one who makes me feel this way, and I wish it would never stop." 

"It would never stop." I placed my hand on his back and rubbed it as if I'm convincing him, which I really did.

"When I saw your unconscious body, I thought it was the end. I thought that was the last time I'm going to ever see you again. But then I remember what you told me that night when we watched that movie called Annabelle. You saying to check on people's pulse before expecting they're dead already. I did the exact same thing and when I felt you have a pulse I almost wanted to jump up and down knowing you were aliv-"

"Shut up." I cupped his cheeks and pecked his lips. We melt into each other's kiss until I felt something wet land on my cheeks. I pulled away as Peter sniffed. "Don't cry." I wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"I'm not crying." He argued, I just laughed it off and hugged him while he hugged me back. I pulled away to look at his eyes once again wanted to get lost again through it. "When you put your arms around me, I feel that my heart is safe with you, always... I know that you will protect me from whatever life may bring our way." This time he was the one who leaned in and kissed me passionately, but I halted causing him to stop.

"Why?" He asked.

"Where's Harry? Is he ok?" Peter's eyes showed nothing but pure sadness and shooked his head as he looked away to not see my reaction. "Maybe it's really his time to go." I patted his back. Both of our heads snapped upwards to the window when we heard police sirens. Peter stood up as I stood up with my knees on the bed. Peter turned to look at me as if asking for permission. "Why are you asking me for permission? It's your choice." I smiled he approached me and kissed me.

"I'm really in love with you, Ana."

"I love you too. Now, go. Save the city, bug boy." I said while laughing, he opened up the window and was about to go out. "Peter?" He looked back at me.

"Yes?"

"Can I see that Sweet Smile of yours before you go?" He smiled and got out of the window, he disappeared for a second and then I finally saw him swinging through the city with his Spider-Man costume.

His Sweet Smile would never change the fact that it still gives me butterflies even if we're not high school students anymore. I would forever love that Sweet Smile of his.

-- THE END --

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 | peter parker ( andrew garfield ) 🎉