Antonio x reader: You

*5 years old*

"Back off!" I yell at the snooty kids picking on one of your classmates. It wasn't like he couldn't defend himself, he had animals to kick their trash, but he was new and he wanted to be nice and make friends, but those snobby kids ruined it all.

"Make me," one of the boys retorted. I nodded and stormed my way over to him. He looked side to side, trying to figure out how to not back down. It was clear he was intimidated. I went up to him and just stared him in the eyes, anger rising.

"What are you going to do? Pinch me?" he asked, mocking me. I chuckled then kicked as hard as you can up. Mama and Papa said not to do that because it was a health condition, could make boys not have babies, but I don't think he would find anyone who would love him or want to carry his babies.

He fell on the floor, grabbing his crotch, crying. His friends quickly fled the scene. Yeah, I did just hurt a kid, but I didn't care. He has been doing this for a while and I was sick of watching other people get hurt. Sometimes people need to be told to stopped physically then verbally.

I turned around to face my classmates that they were picking on. "I'm Y/N," I said, all happy. 

He looked at me up and down, holding something close to him. "Antonio."

"Sorry about them. Everybody hates them."

"Where's the teacher? Are we going to get in trouble?" he asked, worried. 

I shrugged. "If our teacher doesn't notice kids getting bullied then how is he going to notice a kid hurt?"

He nodded. "You wanna be friends?"

I smiled. "Yeah!"

*10 years old*

"Y/N!" my best friend exclaimed, riding on his leopard. He had the biggest grin on his face and he seemed excited. 

"What?" I asked, intrigued. What could he be so happy about?

"Dolores just had her first kid!"

I smiled as big as him. "What's their name?"

"His name is Carlos Madrigal."

"So you're an uncle?" I questioned.

He thought about it. "I guess I am." We both laughed. "Wanna go hang out in my room?" he asked.

I nodded. "My parents aren't home and who knows what my siblings are doing." We smiled at each other and got on the leopard and rode to Casita.

*15 years old*

My crush for Antonio grew, but I never told him, not wanting to ruin our friendship. That would be 10+ years I would be throwing away and I was mentally prepared for something like that to happen.

"You okay, Y/N?" he asked with a concerned look on his face. I loved the way my name just fell smoothly off his lips. He had the biggest heart. 

"Yeah," I lied. "Do you remember when we first met?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, I totally could've beaten that boy up."

I laughed. "I knew him far longer and you just wanted to be his friend. There's no reason a five year old should have to beat someone else up."

He put his hand on my shoulder. "So then why did you?"

"He was bullying other kids and I was sick and tired of it. We've already gone over this, Antonio."

"The teacher should be fired. No way he didn't notice all of these kids getting bullied and not to anything about it."

"I think the bully was the teacher's favorite for some weird-ass reason."

"Probably his nephew," he assumed.

"I would think." We sat there in a comfortable silence.

He piped up. "Do you like anyone?" What a random question.

"Yeah, do you?"

"Yeah and she's really pretty and nice." My heart fell and shattered when I saw the look in his eyes when he mentioned her. Of course, it was someone else. I was just his best friend. There was no one he would like me.

"What's her name?" I asked.

He smiled sweetly. "It starts with (whatever letter your name starts with)."

My heart broke even more. "It's (name that starts with the same letter of your first name), isn't it?"

He looked at me stunned. "What? Ew, no."

"Then who is it?" I wanted him to spit it out before I started crying. I have had this massive crush on him for who knows how long and when I have hope he likes me, it just fails like every other boy I've liked.

"Y/N."

"What?" I asked, thinking he was just saying my name to get my attention.

"It's you," he said.