Camilo x reader: cursed

*his pov*

Her smile. Her laugh. Just everything about her brought butterflies. Her hair flowing in the soft breeze. Her gorgeous e/c eyes looking at me with all of the love in the world. Her lips moving as she talked about something she was excited about. The tone in her voice when she sang "Always be my Sunshine." It was her favorite song in the world. The way her body moved as she danced in the grass. She was mine and I was hers. Nothing would ever change that.

We would go out into the fields and run, laughing and tripping over. We just had fun together. When we were together, we always smiling. No negativity. Together it was like the world disappeared and everything was okay. Whenever I was sad, she always brought a smile on my face. I loved her.

I wanted to try and help her when she was feeling down, but she was always fine. A smile was all she needed. And all I needed was her and her lucky personality. We always hung out together and my family loved her. Dolores and Isabela would give her all of the tea. Antonio would always tell her about his animals and she loved listening to that. Mirabel would teach her how to sew. Luisa taught her she can be strong in her own way. Mami especially loved her. They would always hang out and talk for hours on end. I never got a word in. It was like they had been best friends since they were both in diapers. It was nice because I got all the gossip from the town even though I wasn't in the conversation. I wouldn't call it eavesdropping, but that is what I was basically doing. They didn't seem to mind though.

Everything was perfect. I was with the love of my life. We were so happy together. We understood one another like a book. Well, she did. She always knew what was going on or what I felt. It was nice knowing that someone always cared for me. I never wanted to lose her and I couldn't. I didn't know what I would do if I did. We talked about our future so many times, it was like we had it all planned out. She had big dreams to see the world and I wanted to make that happen for her. I made a promise that one day she would get to see whatever she wanted, no matter what. 

She looked at me with the most joy in her eyes and said, "As long as you're with me, anywhere is fine." She then kissed me and it was the most happiness I had ever felt in my entire life. Once she pulled away, I could still feel her lips on mine. I would always remember the sparks she left. She had left a huge impact on me and I would never forget her. She was too memorable. 

It wasn't until the day I lost everything. I wouldn't be able to see her again. She moved on. I was heart broken. How could I lose something I loved so easily. I should've done more to help. I could've prevented this. She would still be here. I could've saved her. If I just asked her how she was doing, she wouldn't be gone. We would both be happy. We could've started our life together. I couldn't keep my promise to her. She left to early.

I spent most of my time in my room, isolated. I was always crying and screaming. I was torn to pieces. It was like someone grabbed my heart and kept on torturing it. That's what it felt like. My heart was shattered. I would never be able to function again. I would never be the same. Nothing would ever be the same since she was gone. 

I loved her with all of my heart and look what happened. I couldn't let that happen again. I wouldn't be able to handle all of the pain the came with again. If I ever recovered. I couldn't love ever again.

"Oh Y/N," I said, tears falling down my cheeks like a waterfall, "I know I wasn't able to keep my promise to you, but now you can see the world." I sat down next to her and pulled out my guitar. "I don't know where you are, but please hear this." I started playing "Always be my Sunshine", her favorite song in the world.

Once I was done, I smiled. I felt at peace for once. I kissed her headstone. "See you soon, mi amor."