Jealousy

I watched as Antonio got his gift and everyone was cheering. Of course, it was always the Madrigal's who got the best of the best. They didn't have to worry about anything. They were perfect, nothing was wrong with them. They always were happy. How I wish they would know the true troubles of being ordinary. Doing things yourself, not having any help. What about working your butt off to get something you well deserve? Nope, they also didn't know how that felt. Everything was just past onto them. 

If only they knew how much pain and anguish it took to get what you want. To live in a place where only the best of the best lived. To do everything all by yourself. No, they didn't. Yes, they were helping everyone, but that was only to help their status. The status of having magical powers and living the best life. I wanted to get back at them, to show them how much pain reality really has.

It's like their living in a fantasy, where everything is perfect and no problems exist. Well, turns out that that's the opposite of life. You have to work hard. You don't get powers when you're five and then life is easy from then and on. I can't believe them.

Don't get me started on how they treat poor Mirabel. She didn't get any powers and most of them treat her like crap. How fair is that? Is that how they really think about everyone else? That we're just some powerless peasants who always need help. Mirabel really needs to start thinking and blow out that stupid ass candle. They need to learn that life isn't cupcakes and rainbows. That it's blood, sweat, and tears. And sometimes even pain