Chapter 1 ➹ We Built This Glee Club

// Natalie's POV //

The New Directions!"

He announced and everyone roared in cheers. I jump from my seat and cheered for the New Directions as they receive the Sectionals 1st place trophy.

I wanted to join them in the stage and be like them. Happy. Accomplished. Complete. But I couldn't be. I'm just the normal teenage girl who supports them every step of the way.

As everyone cheers for them, I saw ex principal Sue Sylvester leaving the stage and headed to the backstage, defeated. I watch as Vocal Adrenaline and the Falconers leave the stage, looking pissed and sad.

After the competition, I wanted to congratulate them but I couldn't. Not because I wasn't allowed, but because I allowed myself not to because I'm shy. I stood outside their choir room as they celebrate their victory. I wanted to go inside and join them but I couldn't.

I turned around and walked down the hallways of William McKinley High and headed straight back home.

When I got back home, it was already 8:30 PM. I saw mom and my sister, Lydia sitting on the chairs in front of the dinner table. Their food hasn't been touch yet.

"Hey guys. Why haven't you eaten yet?" I ask the two.

"Mom wanted to wait for you." Lydia replied, looking at her plate.

"You didn't have to." I reply and sat across them.

"We're a family. And family should always be together." Mom replied and sighed.

"How about dad? Shouldn't he be here?" I ask mom.

She didn't reply. She didn't look at me. Instead, she handed me a serving of pasta. "Let's eat. Dinner's getting cold." She spoke and handed Lydia a serving.

Short start but please vote. Every vote makes my day. Thanks! :)