Chapter 3

Grian knew someone was looking into the alleyway.

   He knew for a fact.

   So he did the most reasonable thing he could think of and moved the line of spray paint to the corner where no one could see into. Grian reached his foot out to the blanket and pulled it back towards him.

   Then, the man looked back. It was the moustached man. You know, the one with the suit?

   Grian curled his wings around himself, not dating to breath. Breathing with a gas mask is very loud.

   Then, when he heard the man's footsteps fade out, he decided it was time to sleep.

   A risky decision in these circumstances, but Grian had been flying for days straight and really needed a break.

~•~

   It was morning.

   It had felt like the last morning was years ago.

   Grian opened his eyes and looked around, seeing the sun bright and shining over the buildings.

   Maybe just 30 more minutes... He thought.

   So he laid back down and closed his eyes.

   But he couldn't fall asleep.

   Guess when you move or turn over after waking up, your blood pumps up enough to the point where you can't fall asleep peacefully.

   The best Grian got was on the verge of unconsciousness, where your not really aware of what's going on, but your still awake. Asleep but not.

   Still peaceful.

   He sat up, rubbing sleep from his eyes. He stood up and stretched his wings as best he could. Grian flapped up to a roof and stretched his colorful wings all the way.

   Much better.

   He looked down to the civilians that roamed around the city innocently. He missed those days. Maybe he shouldn't have done that...

   You did it for a reason. The voices scolded in a harsh tone.

   "Will you ever just shut up...?" Grian hisses back quietly, his voice hoarse from not using it for two weeks straight.

   It got lonely sometimes.

   We are here to help you. They growled.

   He rolled his eyes, "I think the only reason you're here is to manipulate me, serve your master or whatever, and, most importantly, annoy me." Grian snapped back, kicking a rock across the roof.

   The voices shut up.

   Grian smiled to himself, turning back to the people.

   The moustached man was talking with the one who had been on the platform last night.

   It seems the others were cleaning up. Grian lonely down on the concrete to avoid anyone spotting his shadow, silhouette, or any part of him whatsoever.

   And he did the one thing he did best.

   Watch.

~•~

   Grian must've fallen asleep, because he woke up just as the sun was setting.

   He felt, sorta refreshed?

   He stood up and stretched. Then he jumped off the building's edge.

   The wind in his face felt nice as he fell towards the ground.

   He flapped his large wingspan just before he hit the pavement.

   Grian pushed against the night winds as he flew upwards.

   Maybe he could just... Fly around, map put the place a bit?

   Yeah. That sounded reasonable.

   Hey Xelqua, wanna do something stupid? The voices asked, startling the living crap out of him.

   Oh absolutely not. Grian scolded them.

   Then, he felt himself swivel towards a short bakery-like building.

   Let's trash it. They said in a monotone tone, which made Grian almost want to laugh. Then he comprehended the words.

   "No-"

   But it was too late.

   He smashed through the window and began tearing up the place.

   Ripping up pastries, knocking over tables, and clawing at the curtains. He used spray paint he didn't even know he had to paint on the walls and mess everything up even more.

   The finished product wasn't something he was proud of.

   Everything was in ruins.

   Grian sprinted out, not trusting his own body enough to fly his way back to the alleyway he claimed.

   He found the alley and leaped over the fence.

   He breathed heavily and leaned against the brick wall.

   He passed out from exhaustion.

   Word Count • 666
   Yay, new chapter. Not as long as the other one, but still plenty to read. And something finally happened. Hooray.