Chapter 4

Chapter 4

        Once Alice was finally able to haul herself off of the ground, she returned to Striaton. She entered the Striaton City Gym/Restaurant and plopped herself down into a seat at an empty table. Different thoughts swirled about in her head, as they so often did. Why did he do it? What did he hope to gain from it? Why did I react that way? And the most troubling, Why do I miss him being near me? Her behavior probably came off as strange to those around her, but she couldn't say she cared to even try to appear normal.

        The three Gym leaders watched her worriedly from behind the counter. She was acting in a similar manner as she was a week before. Though this time she didn't appear paranoid, it was still troubling. It was obvious that she was thinking very hard about something. But that wasn't what they were worried about, as she thought about various things on a regular basses. She appeared troubled, and above all else, confused.

        And confused, she was. Alice had spent the last seven years of her life with limited human contact. Opting, instead, for just the company of her own Pokémon.

        It wasn't until she came to Unova and the whole Team Plasma mess started that she really started to interact normally with people of her own species. But, even then she kept a comfortable space between herself and the others. Kept them "out of her bubble", so to speak. And they had respected that. But Shadow... He didn't seem to care at all about personal space. At least, when it came to her he didn't. Any other time, she would've been uncomfortable, and would have shied away from the contact. It was different with Shadow... Alice was comfortable--as comfortable as she could be pinned to a tree--even though he was in "her bubble".

        Shadow... Her thoughts drifted to just the white haired guy that never seem to leave her alone, even when he was gone. She found herself thinking of the moment from not even an hour before. Alice was slightly surprised by the sudden rush of heat to her cheeks. It was yet another thing she had never experienced before.

        Vermillion eyes widened and Chilli turned to his brothers, "Is she...blushing?" Viridian and azure eyes shifted to the black hair girl, who was still deep in thought.

        "It looks like it... That's strange... Alice never came off as the type to blush. About anything." Cilan's head tilted slightly sideways, and his face contorted in confusion.

        Cress's calm voice piped in, "I think I know what's wrong with her..." He gave them an odd look as they stared at him, silently urging him to continue. "Whether she realizes it or not," He looked back to Alice, "She's in love..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUN! *glares at sound effects guy* NOT YET!

Hehe, sorry about that~ Looks like Cress figured out before our own little Alice did~

Poor Little Alice, so smart yet so dumb. Oh well~ She'll figure it out herself soon enough~ Or will she?

DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUN!

There it is! It was right that time! :3

Anyway~ You know the drill~ VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. And of course, TACOS! Ja ne~! (Akane)