Chapter 11

Chapter 11

        Alice kept glancing sideways at Shadow as they walked away from the Amusement Park. He was looking away from her, and his face still had the red tint to it. She admitted to herself that she was worried. He still wasn't acting like the Shadow she was accustomed to.

        She stopped walking and grabbed his sleeve, pulling him to a stop. His head tilted toward her slightly, but he still wasn't looking at her.

        "What's wrong with you?"

        "...I don't know what you mean."

        She gave him a light glare. "You know exactly what I mean. You're not acting like yourself..."

        He glanced at Alice for a moment, before tugging his sleeve out of her hand. He turned away and crossed his arms, a childish pout on his lips. "I don't wanna talk about it..."

        She smiled slightly at the action. Now, that was more like the Shadow she knew. She started walking again, and after a moment he followed after her. "Whatever you say..."

-----

        The same sets of eyes as before followed the pair.

        Umbreon's ears tilted back, and he lightly shook his head, seemingly out of exasperation. "I never pegged Shadow to be the nervous type..." He looked over at the purple cat sitting by his side. "If he doesn't confess, those two will never end up together." His gaze turned back to the two humans.

        Purrloin looked back at him. "Oh? And why does Shadow have to be the one to confess?"

        He gave her a blank look. "You can't sit there and tell me you think someone as ignorant of their own feelings as Alice will be able to figure them out and confess?"

        She opened her mouth, seemingly to protest, but almost immediately shut it again. "Touché..."

-----

        Shadow was still struggling to regain his own confidence. This was certainly a first for him.

        He glanced at Alice then at the path that went into Route 4. He decided to give it one more shot. Grabbing her wrist, he started to pull her in that direction.

        She looked at him in surprise. "Shadow, what are you-"

        "Let's go for a walk."

        She looked up at the sky (which was a deep indigo and dotted with stars, now) then gave him a skepticle look. "I need to get back to the Center and my Pokémon..."

        He turned back to look at her, and gave her a look. One that was uncharacteristicly pleading for him. "Just... For a little while..."

        She just looked at him for a moment. She couldn't turn down that look. "...Fine."

        Getting away from the lights of Nimbasa made it easier to see the stars, and the moon waning in the sky. Shadow stared up at it. While it was smaller, it was the same moon he'd been staring at when he realized how he felt about the girl whose wrist he was still holding.

        Arceus, when did he become such a sap?

        He looked down at her. Alice's gaze was settled on the moon, a small smile curling her lips. He felt his own mouth curve into a smile at the look.

        "Alice..."

        Her ice blue gaze turned to him at the sound of her name. Shadow leaned down by her ear, and for a moment, she thought he was going to start teasing her again.

        That idea was shattered by the words he whispered. She barely had time to register the soft look in his eyes and smile on his face before he was gone.

-----

        It was around the time that she was walking back to her room at the Pokémon Center, that the reality of what had happened really hit her. As she opened the door, she couldn't seem to stop the smile and blush that lit up her face. Her companions (Umbreon included) looked up at her with what seemed to be confusion. She just shook her head at them, and got ready for bed.

        As she lay there, staring at the ceiling, another small smile settled on her face as she thought, again, of the moment. The weeks of confusion made clear by three simple, whispered words.

        I love you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who else is thinking, "It's about time!"? xD I just couldn't stand to put it off any longer. xP

At least I didn't wait for months to post this one. x3

You all know the drill: Vote. Comment. Follow. And all that jazz xP

Until next time: Au revoir! :3

P.S. Anyone wanna come up with a shipping name for Shadow and Alice?:3