Chapter 7

Chapter 7

        "Miss me..?" Such a simple phrase. Just two small words. Yet, the way they were spoken had Alice frozen in place. Ice blue eyes stared up at the young man hovering above her, whose lithe frame was shaking slightly (from trying to contain his laughter, it seemed. She still didn't know why her torment was so hilarious to him...).

        Alice was hyper aware of everything around her. From the heat in her face and her own shallow breath to the even thumping of Shadow's heartbeat.

        Umbreon shifted in his bed in the corner and made something akin to a whimper. It only lasted a second, but it was enough to snap Alice out of her surprise and confusion induced reverie. She placed her hands on his chest and pushed. Shadow, obviously not expecting the girl to actually make an attempt at getting him off, was easily pushed backward and off the bed, landing with a dull thump on the floor. Grey eyes snapped to the dark type, only to see him shift slightly in his sleep then settle down again. Damn, that Umbreon is a heavy sleeper...

        Alice scrambled backward on the bed, her back pressing into the wall. She glared at the white haired male on the floor while trying to control her shallow breathing and calm her already frayed nerves. "How the hell did you get in here?" Her voice was slightly hushed (so that she didn't wake the sleeping Pokémon, though it wasn't really necessary seeing how heavy a sleeper he was) but the irritation was still clear.

        The aforementioned male just grinned up at her. "The same way I get anywhere. "Teleporting", I guess you could call it."

        She could feel her face heating up again at the sight of that grin. Ice blue eyes glared at him for a few seconds longer before the black haired female sighed and slumped against the wall behind her. What is he doing to me..? She didn't have any experience in dealing with others of her species. On her travels she only ever interacted with her own Pokémon and those in the wild. She rarely battled trainers, and even when she did, talking was to a minimum.

        And then this guy shows up... Making me learn to deal with another human... Making me feel emotions I've never had...that I don't understand...

        Shadow looked up at the girl in confusion. She never gave up this fast. Whenever he showed up she would always either ignore him, or openly show her annoyance (the latter being more rare, as she was rather difficult to annoy until he found the right buttons to push). She was obviously annoyed before, now...she just looked crestfallen.

        "Why..?"

        Grey eyes blinked. "Huh? 'Why?' what?"

        Alice hands closed around fistfuls of the cotton comforter below her. "Why me?" Her glare settled on the Ex-Triad member, again. "Me, off all people... Why did you choose me to torment?"

        If Shadow wasn't confused before, he certainly was now. Torment? Is that what she thought he was doing? Tormenting her? Then again... with how little contact she has with other humans, I'm not surprised she sees this as torment and not just someone trying to annoy her... But that's what I'm trying to fix... "I'm not trying to torment you..."

        Now it was the ravenette's turn to be confused. He...wasn't trying to torment her? Then why the hell does he keep doing this? She voice the very same thought.

        Shadow sighed audibly. "Honestly... I was trying get you more accustomed to being around other humans... Sure, annoying you and your reactions are hilarious but... you need to learn how to deal with humans... You can't keep the company of just your Pokémon forever..."

        The glare returned once again. "Who said that I needed to learn how to deal with humans? I've gone 17 years just interacting with my Pokémon and I'm fine. Most of the time others just avoid me, or I avoid them." Her head bowed, her bangs covering her eyes, once again. "And then you come along... Your constantly refusal to leave me alone... Forcing me to learn how to deal with the almost constant presence of another human..."

        The white haired male could see her shoulders start to shake slightly. She's trembling..? Through the veil her bangs had made, he could just make out a single shiny tear cascade down her cheek. She's... crying?

        She was starting to cry, and Alice knew it. But, she was beyond caring about Shadow seeing her so... weak. "Making me feel new emotions... and try to figure out why, whenever you leave, I miss your presence..." She lifted her head, giving Shadow a complete view of the multiple tears falling down her cheeks. "So, why? Why do you insist on fixing my lack of experience with humans..?"

        It was Shadows turn to bow his head. He wasn't sure why, but... the sight of her crying hurt... a lot. And knowing that he was the reason behind it... hurt even more... "I... don't really know, myself..." And once again, he was gone.

        Alice stared at the place he was sitting for several moments after he was gone. The same feeling that she was... missing something, returned. Lifting her hands to her face, she wiped the tears from her eyes, and slid back underneath the cover of the bed. Her eyed slid closed, and she forced herself into the darkness of sleep. Though, the darkness didn't comfort her, this time...

-----------------------------

        Shadow reappeared inside of the Dream Yard. Leaning back on a piece of rubble from the crumbled building, he looked up at the full moon that hovered in the sky. His mind kept wandering back to pain he had felt at seeing Alice's tears.

        A hollow sigh left his lips. He couldn't believe it. He, an Ex-Shadow Triad member... a cold, heartless, "shadow" had, in such a short amount of time... Fallen in love with that girl...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh~ Looks like one of them had a realization~ X3

........................................................................................

I don't have anything to say, for once! *DUN DUN DUN* D: What's up with that?

*ping sound* Oh! I know!

Any ideas for a proper name for Sound-Effects-Guy? :3

Anyway~ You know the drill:

Vote

Fan

Comment

And...................

*drum roll sound*

TACOS! :3

Lebewohl! [Goodbye in German] (Akane)

P.S. The pic over there  ------> I found it adorable and thought I'd share. :3