Valentines Day Extra - Alice and Shadow's First Valentines Day

Set before Lights in the Darkness. Just after the official end of Shadows and Darkness.

        The morning of February the fourteenth found Alice waking to the shine of sunlight on her face. Slowly sitting up in her bed at the Striaton City Pokemon Center, she raised her arms above her head and arched her back in a stretch. Slipping her feet off the bed and onto the floor, she stood.

        A shock of red to her left drew her attention in that direction. Sitting on the bedside table, was a single red rose, a small note attached to it.

        Reaching over, she plucked the flower from the table, bringing it close to her face. A small smile came onto her face as she read the note attached.

        How about a little Valentines Day game? There are six of these roses and notes scattered around. Let's see if you can find them all, hm? One down, five to go~ Remember where we first met? Go there to find the second one. Have fun~! ~Shadow

        Alice easily recognized Shadows handwriting, despite the fact that the note was signed. She didn't question how it got there without her knowing. Shadow had a knack for slipping in and out of places without being noticed.

        After quickly changing out of her night clothes, Alice made her way out of the Center, waving at Nurse Joy as she went. With a smile on her face as the Dream Yard came into view, she stepped inside and walked toward the lining of trees.

        Hanging on a string from one of the branches, was another red rose. She gently removed it from the string and read the attached note.

        I knew you'd find it~ That's two of six found! The next one is with my purple feline partner. She shouldn't be hard to find. I'm sure Umbreon knows where she is! ~Shadow

        Of course he would have Liepard help him. Alice thought with a roll of her eyes and a smile. She pulled Umbreon's Pokeball from her belt, and with a press of the release button, let him out.

        The black and blue moonlight Pokemon looked up at her with a questioning gaze.

        "Can you help me find Liepard? Shadow's made a game of having me find a bunch of roses and apparently she has one."

        With a nod, Umbreon took off back in the direction of the city, Alice close on his heels. His pace slowed as they approached some of the residential buildings. Sitting on the front steps of one of them, was Liepard. Yet another one of the roses held by the stem in her mouth. The purple leopard Pokemon relinquished the flower as Alice held out her hand.

        See, that wasn't hard at all! Told ya Umbreon would know where she was~ And, hey, you're half way done! The next one's by the fountain to the East of town. You know the one. ~Shadow

        Alice looked from the note to her black and blue partner. "You coming with me, Umbreon?"

        The Dark type shook his head at her and planted himself next to Liepard.

        His trainer shrugged her shoulders slightly. "Suit yourself." She walked off in the direction of the fountain.

-----

        "You know, Shadow never struck me as the 'romantic' type." Umbreon said to his purple companion.

        Liepard made a noise in the back of her throat that sounded something like a scoff. "Oh, you'd be surprised." She jumped from the steps and looked back at the other Dark type. "C'mon, I know where this all ends. Let's go wait there for her."

        Umbreon made a noise of agreement before following after her.

-----

        Coming up on the fountain, Alice spotted the next rose sitting on the edge. She picked it up and mumbled to herself. "That makes four. Two more..."

        I might have made this one too easy, huh? Oh, well~ Remember where we first kissed? Of course you do! That's where you'll find rose number five. Just ask the triplets, they'll have it ready for you! ~Shadow

        A small blush crossed the black haired girl's cheeks as she thought of that first kiss. She turned her gaze to the, now orange tinted, sky. More time passed as she was going around and looking for the roses than she originally thought.

        Turning back toward the city, she made her way to the Gym-turned- restaurant.

-----

        Stepping through the doors, Alice peered around the restaurant. There were few people inside, at the time. 

        She moved toward the counter, where Cilan, Chilli, and Cress were working. She cleared her throat to her their attention.

        Cilan gave her a smile. "Well, how can we help you, Alice?" It was clear to her that he knew exactly why she was there. He just wanted her to clarify it, herself.

        Alice held up one of the roses she had thus far collected, in response.

        All three of the triplets smiled. Chilli laughed lightly and Cress held out the rose to her.

        Taking the red flower, and smiling slightly in thanks, she turned her gaze to the note attached to it.

Five of six gotten! Now, for the last one... Turn around.

        Alice blinked in slight confusion at the slip of paper. She turned around and gasped slightly in surprise.

        Standing behind her, with a grin on his face and a rose in his hand, was Shadow. 

        "Happy Valentines Day, Alice."

        A blush rose to her cheeks as she slowly took the rose from him. A soft smile spread over her face. "Thank you, Shadow..."

        Shadow's grin became a smile that mirrored her own.

        The triplets all glanced at each other for a moment, then Chilli thought is best to shout out, "Oh, just kiss her already!"

        Alice's blush deepened at the shout and Shadow's grin returned. The white haired male pulled her close to him, softly placing his lips on hers.

        When he pulled back, Alice's blush had faded a bit. He leaned close to her ear. "I love you."

        Alice's soft smile returned to her face. "I love you, too."

----------------------------------------

A bit late, I know. ^^" But I decided I wanted to do a little VD special for the Shalice pairing. ^w^

This takes place a bit after the end of S&D. As it says in the title, it's supposed to be thier first Valentines Day. :3

Welp, I hope you enjoying reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Hurray for fluff! x3

Also, I have decided that I'm going to enter S&D into the 2014 Pokemon Wattys once they're open for submissions. c:

Until next time!

(Akane)