Kabanata 30

This is the last chapter of Hope Ur Ok (Sour Hour #4). Next update is Maverick's POV for Wakas.

__________

"A–are you my mother?" Sa kabila ng panlalabo ng aking mga mata, malinaw kong nasundan ang pagkislap ng mga mata ni Hetty dahil sa luhang nagbabadyang lumabas doon. Her lips were trembling as she stared at me, waiting for my answer.

I gently pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her. My hands overlapped behind. I didn't bother wiping my tears rolling down my cheeks. "Yes. Y-you are my daughter, Hetty. I'm sorry."

I don't care whoever her father is. She's my daughter no matter what.

Tila pinipiga ang aking puso nang marinig ang mumunting hikbi niya sa aking braso. Slowly, her body relaxed and I felt her leaned her head on my shoulder. Unti-unti kong naramdaman ang pagyakap niya sa akin sa gitna ng kanyang mga hikbi.

"M–Mommy?" Her eyes peeked from my arms. Those were a bit red because of crying.

"Will you forgive me for what I did?" I sobbed.

She gently pushed my to make a distance between the two of us and smiled at me. "You're really my mother, Tita Rylli—" She stopped after realizing she shouldn't be calling me that way. "M–Mommy?"

I nodded. "Hmm."

"Then—" Her eyes darted towards Mav and Spencer who's behind us. "Tito Maverick is my father? Or... is it Tito Spencer?"

I opened my mouth to answer but ended up clearing my throat when I felt a lump in it. "No. None of t–them is your father." I tightly pressed my lips. For now, I don't want to tell Hetty anything about her father.

"Then, who's my father?"

Kung sasabihin ko sa kanya kung sino ang ama niya, sunod-sunod ang magiging tanong niya. She'll ask what happened and why did she end up in this orphanage.

I'm not ready for that.

"We're not but we can be your father too," Mav stated before giving Spencer a quick glance. "Right, Tito Spence?"

Spencer nodded. "Of course, Hetty. You can treat us as your father."

"And besides, your Uncle Spencer has already been a father to you for the past year."

Hetty slowly nodded his head on Maverick. "I'll always be grateful that I have Tito Spencer—"

"I said, I don't want! You both leave! I don't want you to be my family!"

Hetty's words were cutted when we heard a familiar voice shouted. Napalingon kami sa pinanggalingan ng boses. There, I saw Amethyst walking out of the orphanage while behind her is Mother Josie and the couple who happens to be the same couple who adopted Amethyst.

Amethyst sat on her usual spot while the couple followed her. Ganoon din si Mother Josie ngunit tila pinipigilan naman niya ang mag-asawa. They seems arguing but we can't hear them because of the distance.

"Baka kukunin ulit nila si Amethyst," Hetty whispered.

Sarkastiko akong napabuga ng hangin. "I thought they don't like her? Kaya ibinalik nila si Amethyst?"

"I don't know. They're also here the last time. Gusto po ulit nilang ampunin si Amethyst pero ayaw na nila Mother Superior."

I held both of Hetty's shoulders to get her full attention. "Even when we still have no idea that you're my daughter, your Tito Mav and I are already planning to adopt you and Amethyst, only if you want to be adopted."

"Y-you'll adopt me?" Her voice broke once again.

I pressed my lips and let the corners of it rose. "If you want. Will you come with us? L–let's go home?"