Chapter 55

"Okay," said Hayley, "time to open more presents."

We all gathered around the tree while Hayley searched for a present.

"Cheyenne..." she said, handing me my present.

I knew exactly what I'd gotten just from the size of the present. I eagerly ripped the paper off. "I knew it!" I said happily. "iTunes cards!"

"Yep," said Hayley, "both for $100."

"Oh, my gosh!" I said excitedly. "Thank you!"

Everyone laughed.

"You're welcome, Sweetie," Hayley said with a chuckle.

"What's iTunes cards, Precious?" asked Gollum.

"They're gift cards for the iTunes Store," said Hayley. "You can buy music there. Cheyenne loves getting iTunes cards, because she loves music so much."

"I'm a musicholic," I joked.

Everyone laughed again.

"Okay, Gollum, Sméagol, these are yours," Hayley said, hiding them both rather large bags.

They each got two onesies––one Christmas themed onesie and one... um... not. Sméagol's Christmas onesie was a white, candy cane onesie, very much like Hayley's. Gollum's was green with white snowflakes scattered all over it. They both hurried upstairs to change into them, and came back downstairs with big smiles on their faces.

"Awwwww!" Hayley cried. "You two look adorable!"

They both giggled.

"Awwww, thank you, Hayley," Sméagol said happily. "Sméagol loves it.

"Squeeze your tails," said Hayley.

Sméagol squeezed his, and squeaked with joy when he heard it playing Christmas tunes.

Gollum also squeezed his tail, and his face lit up when his also played Christmas tunes.

They both danced around, giggling and squealing gleefully.

Hayley, Déagol, and I laughed, watching the two of them acting like innocent, adorable children. I kept smiling giddily, because I loved seeing Sméagol in this happy state. He was childlike in more than one way, and it was so endearing and beautiful to me.

"My turn!" Gollum said excitedly, dancing over to the tree with his tail still playing music. "Cheyenne," he said, handing me a present, "for you, my precious friend." He gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

I smiled as I opened the gift. It was a very soft, fluffy pullover sweater with "Precious" written across the front. I hugged it, rubbed it against my face, and giggled. "It's so soft and fluffy and cuddly and tickly!" I said in my silly "sweater" voice. "Thank you so much, Gollum!"

Hayley and Sméagol giggled.

"Awww, you're very welcome, Precious," Gollum said sweetly, giving me another hug. "Bless you."

Hayley looked over at Déagol. "She loves soft sweaters."

Déagol grinned.

"Sméagol?" Gollum handed Sméagol his gift. "For you, my dear friend."

Sméagol's gift was a framed photograph of himself and Gollum hugging. The frame had a heart at the very top with "Friends Forever" engraved on it. "Awwwwwwwww!" Sméagol cried, giving Gollum a big hug. "Thank you, Gollum! Awwww, Sméagol loves you very much, my dear, precious friend!"