Chapter 20

Harry's P.O.V
I came back to school the next day, hoping there were no nasty rumors. I got on the bus, sat with Lindsey like we used to, and we just talked. Today's her last session for a little bit with Brandon, she aced her last test so this is just a review session and then they're probably going to stop the sessions for a while unless she needs them. She says she's okay, but I know she's going to miss him. I assure her that she has his number, and that they can text and meet up anytime they want, but I can still tell she's sad. I hugged her, and told her she'd be okay. She believed me. When we got to school, I immediately went to find Louis. I found him waiting by my locker, and I wrapped him in a big hug. He planted a kiss on my lips and I giggled. "Hey," I whispered. "Hi." He said back. We sat there in our hug for a while, when the bell rang. I sprinted to class, in hopes that I wouldn't be late.

*after school*

Harry's P.O.V
"Hey, wait!" Louis jogged up to catch me.

"What's up, babe?" I asked him.

"I have a football game today, it's right now. Can you come? I'd like it if you came." He said almost sheepishly.

"Of course. I'll just tell my parents," I texted them saying that I'd be at his game and they said it was okay. My dad's just going in for a check up and that's really it. My mom said she'd text me the results. I followed him, he was already changed and ready. I was the only one in the stands, I guess he had practice before the game. I didn't mind. I just watched him play, and he would every now and then glance up to see me. I got a text from Lindsey. "where were you on the bus??" She asked. Crap. I forgot to tell her. "I'm at Louis's football game. You should come by!" I sent her back a quick message. "Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes. Gotta have lunch first." I put my phone away and watched him, falling more and more in love with every second. As the game started, I sat eagerly up as students started pouring in by the tens. I saw Lindsey, she waved, and came to sit with me.

"You excited to see Louis play?" She asked.

"Yeah. Last time I saw him play was when he kissed me after. It was our first kiss." I sighed, remembering the time when he kissed me by the bathrooms. That was a confusing time for him.

"Me too." She agreed. We sat in silence when the game finally started, and the bleachers were filled.

*2 mins before game ends*

It was 2-2, tied, but we had the ball. Louis hadn't gotten a goal, just an assist. He looked really frustrated out there, but I kept cheering his name until my throat got hoarse, which I hoped would never happen. In the last minute, they were dribbling towards the goal, and it looked like it was all over. But Louis slide tackled the ball and then got up, dribbling it down the side line as fast as he could. Thirty seconds left. No one could catch him. Finally, in the last 5 seconds, he scored. We won. As soon as he scored the goal, he seemed in shock, then when the buzzer sounded, he looked up in the stands at me and pointed a finger at me. Mouthing "That was for you." The team started jumping up and down to celebrate, and they carried Louis away.

I screamed his name and words of encouragement to him. I was so proud of him. I ran down there so I could be the first to tell him good job, the coach had started to talk to them all, but then Louis caught a glimpse of me standing beside the gate. He held up his index finger to the coach, signaling for him to give him a moment, and then Louis ran over to me, went through the gate and wrapped me in a hug.

"Damn I'm so proud of you," I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"I did it all for you. I love you so much, Harry," he said, hugging me even tighter. The crowd that was once silent, cheered and clapped for us. Even the coach, who was furious at first, had a slow clap going on with the team.

The coach decided not to have a meeting with the players, and they all just left the field to pat Louis and I on the back. Lindsey came down to congratulate Louis. They'd become best friends since I haven't been at school and whatnot. So they're really good friends now, which is good. I want my best friend to get along with my boyfriend.

And in this moment, with two of my best friends at my side, finally recovered and happy, my mom texted me the results of my dad's test. He was officially cancer free, and into remission. "My dad's in remission!" I shouted to them, they both cheered and hugged me as tears started pouring out of my eyes. Finally. Finally I was happy.