Chapter 7

Harry's P.O.V

I woke up five minutes before my alarm, and I just laid there. Looking at the ceiling, not wanting to go to school. I don't even remember what I did Sunday - it's all a blur. Soon, my mom came in to see what was taking so long a few minutes after my alarm. "No reason," I told her when she asked what took me so long.

"Well, get up. That way you'll have time to enjoy the breakfast we made you," she said, exiting the room. 

I sat up, groaned and rolled out of bed. I was really dreading school today. I got up, fixed my hair, got dressed and went downstairs. There was an array of bacon, pancakes, toast, and other delicious food. "Thanks guys," I forced a smile. Even though my stomach was churning out of fear, I knew I should put on a smile and eat for my parents. 

As soon as I ate, my dad stopped me before going out the door. "Want a ride to school?" He asked me. 

"Yeah, that'd be great, Dad. Thanks." I grinned forcefully, climbing into his car. We drove in silence, I was thankful he didn't try to give me a pep talk about my melt down yesterday, which I'm sure my mom told him about. Not that I mind, it's just that they tell each other everything. Which is fine. I don't mind. 

I stepped out onto the concrete. "Have a good day at school, Son!" He yelled as he drove off. A gave a feeble wave, swept the hair out of my face, pulled my backpack around my shoulders and started into my school. Hoping it wouldn't become my own personal hell.

I went to my locker, Louis and his crew walked by me. I tensed up and froze for a moment. This is another decided moment, is my school hell, or Earth?

"Hey," Louis said in a friendly voice. I turned and saw him talking to a girl. 

"Heyyy," she said, dragging out her y's and batting her eyes. She twirled her hair and leaned against the locker, checking him out up and down.

"How are you?" He said in a flirty tone. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker louder than intended. His head whipped around and saw me, his expression seemed sorry, and regretful. I just turned around and went to class. I saw Lindsey in there. 

"How you holding up?" She said with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"I'm better-ish. Not the best, but no bullying so far.

"Well, that's good." We took our seats.

*After class, now in English*

"Now," the teacher said as we all walked in. "Did you guys finish your assignment on the analysis of Romeo and Juliet?"

"I did," I whispered at the back of the room while the rest of the students mumbled lies of why they didn't finish it.

"Did ANYONE finish the assignment?" She repeated in an aggravated tone.

I timidly raised my hand. "You did?" She pointed at me. The entire class shifted to look at me. I swallowed and nodded it.

"Well, do you want to share what you wrote? You don't have to read the entire paper, but just tell us your thoughts." She crossed her arms.

I felt my face grow hot as I fished out my paper from my backpack. I cleared my throat and looked at the words, refreshing my memory. "Well, I think Romeo and Juliet is - of course - about forbidden love." I forced myself not to glance at Louis. "And they both love each other, but there's outside forces keeping them apart. Their families. I believe this also represents the Earth, now. And our country, we have higher ranked people controlling us, and sometimes they keep us from being properly happy just because we're 'different.'" After I said that, I looked up at the class. They all looked impressed, Louis looked moved and touched. I forced myself to look away.