Chapter 13

Harry's P.O.V

That morning I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast, I was in the best mood. Nothing could break my spirit today. I was smiling ear to ear and it almost made my cheeks hurt. I started shoveling my breakfast of toast into my mouth and downed my glass of orange juice, I wanted to get to school and see Lindsey to tell her the big news. "Hey, can I drive you to school today?" My dad asked.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Hey mum is it all right if I bring a friend over after school?" I asked her.

"Yeah, that's fine honey. Who?"

"Louis." I answered.

"Oh, are you two like...?" 

"Yeah, kinda. It's complicated. Listen, I'll explain more later okay? I gotta go. Bye mum! Love you." I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek and promptly running out of the door to my dad's car.

I climbed in Prius and smelt new leather. This car's relatively new to my dad, he got it a few weeks ago. My dad entered the car a few minutes after me, coughing up a storm. "You okay, Dad?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna check it out at the doctor's today or tomorrow. Depending on if I get a free moment at work. Most likely today though. I'm sure it's just a cold, nothing to worry about." He warned me.

"Okay." I said as we sat in silence for the car ride there.

We pulled up to the school and I hopped out, pretty much sprinting to meet Lindsey. I found her standing by my locker waiting for me. I jogged up to her screaming "Guess what guess what guess what!" Over and over.

"What?" She said, covering her ears.

"Sorry," I said sheepishly. I glanced around, the hallway was pretty much empty. "Me and Louis are secretly dating."

"Congratulations!" She said, jumping up and down and bringing me into a tight hug. 

"I just need to find a quiet moment alone with him to tell him that he can come over to my house after school and I won't be an asshole like I was last time."

"Harry," she told me, "stop beating yourself up over that. You did nothing wrong, he just over-reacted. Everything's going to be fine," she told me while patting my back encouragingly. 

"I know, I know. How are you and Brandon?" I asked. I realize I've been pretty self-absorbed lately.

"We're fine. He hasn't tried to kiss me or anything, but we're really close friends. We text all the time, he's an amazing tutor, and we're even finding time to study outside of lunch during my school. Matter of fact, we're studying at my house tomorrow."

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"No," she said, suddenly flustered, "not like that. He's just helping me for an upcoming test."

"Okay, I just want you to be careful, alright? I don't want any older boys taking advantage of you and their position of power."

"I know I know," she said like she's heard the talk 1,000 times. "I'll be careful."

Louis walked in, and there was no one with him, perfect. I can tell him to hang out after school. I waited till he was at his locker, he mumbled a hi to me with a genuine smile. "Hi," I returned the smile.

"You wanna come over to my house after school?" I asked him.

"Sure," he said through barely moving lips. And to think, in just a few hours, I'm going to be kissing those lips. I smiled like an idiot at the thought. 

I got my book and went to my class, sitting in the assigned seat I got with Lindsey. We chatted excitedly before the bell rung and the teacher told us to quiet down.