Double Trouble

TW: ABUSE

You woke up one gloomy morning and looked outside. Oh no, today's the mer mysteries episode, you go to the garden and see Shadow working on her garden as usual.

"You can't keep ignoring me you know", You say.

Shadow continues to hum her little tune.

"Why are you being like this, I said it and I will say it again Adora is nothing to me, we are friends that's it, now stop being so bitchy", You say.

"I love it when you get all riled up like that", Shadow says.

"Are you kidding me", You say as you slap your forehead.

"Your forgiven, now come here I want to show you something", Shadow says.

You go and kneel next to Shadow.

She shows you a flower with beautiful gem pieces in it.

"Its amazing", You say.

"It's the last of its kind, sadly all good things must come to an end", Shadow says.

You had no idea where she was going with this.

Suddenly Adora and Glimmer barge in.

"So Shadow Weaver, we want to know where you have been and who have you been talking to", Adora asks as she goes closer.

"I've been busy with my garden, she's always been paranoid like this you know, and the only person I've talked to today is y/n", Shadow says.

"Is this true", Adora asks.

"Yeah, don't waste your time here, trust me the answers your looking for aren't here", You say.

"To catch a rat, you must spring a trap", Shadow says.

Glimmer and Adora both discuss something and they leave.

"Is it this that Double Trouble person", Shadow asks.

"Yeah", You say.

"Hey, y/n, I know it hurts you but I want to know more about what happened in that vision you saw, I can't understand it", Shadow asked.

You smiled.

"Come on let's go sit on the bench, I'll tell you everything", You say.

You both made your way to the bench.

"So let's start from the beginning", You say.

Shadow sees your hands shaking and gently puts them in hers and she looks at you with her white glowing eyes but it was a look of reassurance and kindness.

You cleared your throat and say "I used to live in a nice house next to a lake, it was nice and peaceful there, things were good back then, my dad would teach me how to ride horses and my mother always baked lemon cake in the weekends, then my dad lost his job, he'd come home and beat up my mother telling her how useless she and I both were and how we could never do the things he did for our family, the next day he left and we moved to a shitty apartment, I guess my mother never really processed the pain and blamed me for most of her failures in life, but I kept my head held high, I never let her words get to me, I changed myself and became the best version of myself, and you know who helped me through that".

"Who", Shadow asked as her sunken eyes look back up at you.

"You did, I saw what you did and I realized people get second chances, so I took mine and I put it to good use", You say.

Shadow looks in shock.

Suddenly Adora comes in.

"I need your help y/n", Adora asks.