Past

A little wolf-fox was taking a stroll around the woods near the den like her mate have instructed her. She playfully skipped one stone to the next while crossing a river. She stopped in the middle and looked in the shining water. Fishes swam past her. She looked at herself as her smile turned into a frown. Her left eye....... 'How does he love someone ugly as me?' She asked herself closing her eyes. 'I'm nothing but an ugly mutt, no true breed...' She whimpered and started to walk back to the den.

        'Speaking of him, where is he?' She wondered, laying in the center of the den. Her ears perked up by a noise in the distance. "Shadow....?" She whispered walking out of the den slowly. She saw a bush move. She tensed at this. Walking slowly to the bush, she sniffed out for her mate's sent. The little wolf-fox poked the bush, and....... POP came a rabbit. It looked at the little mutt and then ran off. *Sigh* She turned around and whelped. Red eyes was looking right back at her. She smiled.

        "SHADOW!!!!" She barked, jumping on the bloody black wolf. The midnight wolf started to growl. "Sorry...." The small wolf-fox said as she got off and looked down at her paws, ears back. Shadow grunted and nuzzled the young canine's muzzle. "It's fine Crystal. I just didn't want you bloody and attract.... others." Crystal purred and and thought about what he said. "Come on to the river so we can wash this off." The smell of deer came off of him.

        They walked to the river and jumped in. Crystal got an idea and started to splash Shadow a little. The red eyed wolf growled at this. "Knock it off!!! The sooner we get washed, the sooner we can eat." He growled at her. Crystal whined and went underwater. After she got out, she started to walk to the den, head down. Shadow cursed under his breath. He jumped out the water and shook his self off.

        "Crystal I'm sorry, I'm just worried. I don't want anything to happen to you again." Shadow nuzzled his mate. Crystal looked at him still with a bit of sadness in her eyes. "I know but, I just wanted to make you smile again....." She walked off and started to eat what her mate caught. Shadow watched her, processing what she said to him. His ears went down a bit. 'She really thinks that?'

         The black wolf walked next to the young female. "Luv', You make me smile everyday just looking at your beautiful face, knowing that it's all mine." She stopped eating at looked at him with her bloody face. "you think I'm beautiful?" "And you don't?" She raised her paw to her left eye. "And that scar makes no difference...." He licked the scared side of her face. "It just reminds me I need to be there more for you so THAT  would never happen again." Shadow growled at the memory. That cold, dark memory.......